Bobby McCray (1 Viewer)

ibelieve

unnecessarily vulgar
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We need him to have a huge game next week vs the Giants.

Attachments

• Bobby.jpg
    Bobby.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 3
we kind of need everyone to have a big game

Whole Defensive line needs to have a good game, especially if Eli's ankle is still gimpy... but yeah I like McCray's hustle but I haven't seen him reach the QB this season much.. I know he hasn't been in on many snaps, and has had the back problem. Hopefully the Bye Week helps him get closer to full strength.

only Bobby McCray?

I'm of the opinion that we could use a big game from Brees, Shockey against his old team, Sharper who has had Manning's number in the past, whoever lines up at LT to keep the Giants DLine from putting Brees on his butt, from our tandem running corps, from our WRs who need to get open in a stout Giants secondary, etc....

Or is there a specific reason why you're singling him out?

Whole Defensive line needs to have a good game, especially if Eli's ankle is still gimpy... but yeah I like McCray's hustle but I haven't seen him reach the QB this season much.. I know he hasn't been in on many snaps, and has had the back problem. Hopefully the Bye Week helps him get closer to full strength.

He's tied for first on the team in QB pressures and is second on the team in QB hits.

He's tied for first on the team in QB pressures and is second on the team in QB hits.
Ah I didn't know that, he has been getting some pressure... I know he was close to a sack vs the Jets but Sanchez just get rid of the ball before McCray came down on him.

maybe the Bye Week will help him and he'll start notching up the sacks.

Honestly I'll just be happy if Will Smith and Charles Grant continue to play at the same level. McCray is great for giving these guys a rest but Smith/Grant are finally playing up to their contracts.

And I'll tell you a secret......the D lineman who is so far having a monster season that virtually no one is talking about is Sederick Ellis. The guy is penetrating, disrupting and is the main reason the Saints have been so good at stopping the run (even with run stuffer Clancy out). The Bills Center was so worried about getting his head up and position on Ellis he dribbled nearly every snap out of the shot gun to Edwards. One of the reasons Grant and Smith have looked so good on the ends is because Ellis has been destroying the interior blocking of the opposition. Ellis' play is one of the main reasons for the massive improvement of the Defense.

Honestly I'll just be happy if Will Smith and Charles Grant continue to play at the same level. McCray is great for giving these guys a rest but Smith/Grant are finally playing up to their contracts.

And I'll tell you a secret......the D lineman who is so far having a monster season that virtually no one is talking about is Sederick Ellis. The guy is penetrating, disrupting and is the main reason the Saints have been so good at stopping the run (even with run stuffer Clancy out). The Bills Center was so worried about getting his head up and position on Ellis he dribbled nearly every snap out of the shot gun to Edwards. One of the reasons Grant and Smith have looked so good on the ends is because Ellis has been destroying the interior blocking of the opposition. Ellis' play is one of the main reasons for the massive improvement of the Defense.

good point, many of the sacks smith and grant got was because ellis pushes the center and guards back that when the ends get around the tackles the qb is right there for them to sack.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom