Boeing 747 pulls a slow U-Turn on the runway. (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

That was ugly...

Pick waiting to happen and people try to compare him to Megatron.

Looking like this

vhzx8fbz6ahv97epbluz.gif

It's going to be hard for him to get off the line and create any separation running like that.

This is from back in April

Metcalf's time in the three-cone drill (7.38 seconds) was the third-worst among wide receivers. His 20-yard short shuttle of 4.50 seconds was fourth-worst. And as 247Sports director of scouting Barton Simmons told the Cover 3 College Football Podcast (via colleague Sam Hellman), Metcalf's showing in the other agility drills didn't allay concerns that he's too jacked up—that all the muscle has wrecked his lateral agility:

DK got drafted by the perfect team for his limited skill set coming out of college.

Seattle is clearly a run first team... again leading the league in rushing last year... so he will not be getting anywhere near 100 targets per year... more likely somewhere near 70. Seattle loves to run play action when their running game is clicking and Wilson throws the most accurate long ball in the league.

Assuming no major injuries, my prediction is Metcalf's stats in his rookie year will be 70 targets with 45 receptions (64%) for 750 yards (16.7 yd./catch) and 5 TDs, which would be a solid year for a rookie WR with a limited skill set.

After that, it's up to DK and Seattle's coaches to develop his game further.

It's going to be hard for him to get off the line and create any separation running like that.
I also noticed that. It’s seems as if he’s running heal first rather then using a more fluid and natural running style. Perhaps is the surface, or the cleats. If it’s nether of those then he will have a tough time this season!

Nowhere near my favorite WR in this class. I think he could become a good receiver, but I doubt he will ever be considered anything but a bust, mostly due to where he was drafted.

Nowhere near my favorite WR in this class. I think he could become a good receiver, but I doubt he will ever be considered anything but a bust, mostly due to where he was drafted.
Russell Wilson: Elite Deep Ball arm and Accuracy
DK : Elite field stretching ability and speed
Derp Carroll: Let's get DK to run a jheri curl route on 3rd and 8th.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom