Bold Draft Predictions...(MERGED) (1 Viewer)

REALCHRISM

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Every year there seems to be some surprise that takes place. Whether it is a supposed top-10 guy falling or a team reaching to fill a need, the draft always seem to provide some level of intrigue.

So, I wanted to start a thread where we make bold predictions for this year's draft. It'll be interesting to see if any of them come true (although, if you end up predicting one, I guess they are not that bold). I will start us off.

The Kansas City Chiefs will select Jeff Otah at #5. I had been predicting that they would take Ryan Clady at #5. But after careful review, it seems that Otah fits their scheme more in terms of what Herm Edwards like to do. It will shock many, particularly considering that Otah did not have the best combine--he ran in the sub 5.6 range---but I think that Edwards will prove to like his athleticism and will snatch him off the board here.

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I give you another one, the patriots not trading down and taking Derrick Harvey at 7. In this one both Gholston and C. Long are gone, and the pats decide to take the best DE/OLB available.

Another one not as surprising, the chiefs don't go offensive line in their first round and take Ellis.

Scott B

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I predict the Saints will trade up into the top 5 with their third rounder and a player

Jeremy

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Saints go offense with their 1st round pick. I don't know who, but they will go offense.

longtime lurker

Buddy D lives FOREVER!
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My bold prediction:

The Chiefs trade the #5 pick to the Cowboys for both of their #1s and a their #2 next season. The Cowboys take McFadden.

SoggyBottomBoy

I'm with you fellers.
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Matt Ryan will take the Leinhart/Quinn plunge out of the top half of round one.

Nevimeister

I was there!
Reaction score
I boldy predict the Patriots will take Quentin Groves OLB Auburn

wowatkin

The People's Champ
Reaction score
Bold prediction.... Ellis or Dorsey will be available at #10 and we choose someone else. I've already mentioned this in another thread- I trust the front office. I'd be scratching my head but not upset at all.

willbill

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I predict the Saints will trade up into the top 5 with their third rounder and a player

I had mentioned our #10 and Stinchcomb and maybe a later round pick in an earlier post to KC for the #5 to get Ellis. Most folks didn't think Bushrod are Streif was ready or KC would give us that much for Stinch because I got flamed for the suggestion.

Scott B

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had mentioned our #10 and Stinchcomb and maybe a later round pick in an earlier post to KC for the #5 to get Ellis. Most folks didn't think Bushrod are Streif was ready or KC would give us that much for Stinch because I got flamed for the suggestion.

while I won't flame you, I don't think Stinch's trade value is high enough to warrant moving that far up. But I'll say this, Streif is ready to play, and I think we'll all get a chance to see what Bushrod is all about this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom