Bold Draft Predictions...(MERGED) (1 Viewer)

I had mentioned our #10 and Stinchcomb and maybe a later round pick in an earlier post to KC for the #5 to get Ellis. Most folks didn't think Bushrod are Streif was ready or KC would give us that much for Stinch because I got flamed for the suggestion.

while I won't flame you, I don't think Stinch's trade value is high enough to warrant moving that far up. But I'll say this, Streif is ready to play, and I think we'll all get a chance to see what Bushrod is all about this year.

> jake long to miami with the first pick overall

> saints trade down to detriot's spot (#16 overall) pick up an extra 3rd rounder and 4th rounder per draft value chart (detriot has 2-3rd round picks due to shaun rogers trade with cleveland, so essentially, they only lose a 4th rounder to move up 6 spots), detriot drafts rashard mendenhall...saints have pick of BPA smack dab in the middle of round 1

while I won't flame you, I don't think Stinch's trade value is high enough to warrant moving that far up. But I'll say this, Streif is ready to play, and I think we'll all get a chance to see what Bushrod is all about this year.

Odd man out in that equation is Brown...

Do you think the Saints are ready to trust one of those other two with the LT spot?

Here are mine......

1. Early Doucet is the first WR drafted
2. No QB drafted in the first 10 picks
3. Darren McFadden becomes the number one overall pick when Oakland trades with Miami, because well Oakland is stupid.

Saints trade up to #7 and take Ellis... I don't think he gets past Bmore at 8, and the Pats really don't have a "need" at #7. They can get a good CB at 10, and pick up another pick from us.

I personally want us to stay at 10 and take the best CB on the board, but if the they want Ellis they'll need to get up to at least 7. That's my bold prediction... that we move up to 7 and take Ellis.

Odd man out in that equation is Brown...

Do you think the Saints are ready to trust one of those other two with the LT spot?

yes, I do think the Saints are ready to trust one of them. And I don't think Brown's value will ever be higher than it is now.

1. Jake Long is the number 1 pick.
2. Matt Ryan to Baltimore.
3. Saints take Rashard Mendenhall
4. Matt Forte gets taken in the top 40 picks.

yes, I do think the Saints are ready to trust one of them. And I don't think Brown's value will ever be higher than it is now.

I don't know.. That's giving up quite alot to move up 5 places..

Or are you saying we give them Brown and a 3rd for their pick, not to swap places? So we'd have picks 5 and 10? Interesting thought..

Bold prediction.... Ellis or Dorsey will be available at #10 and we choose someone else. I've already mentioned this in another thread- I trust the front office. I'd be scratching my head but not upset at all.

You stole my thunder.

McFadden is there at 10, Saints grab him. Smoke starts wafting from the SR server.

I hope I'm wrong!

Here's my BOLD prediction for round one:

Saints trade their 1st round pick this year and next year plus this year's third to the Dolphins for Miami's 1st round pick this year and the right to switch 2nd round positions next year. Saints choose future Hall of Famer LSU DT Glenn Dorsey. (I say that he's a future HOF because I believe it in my heart, not because I'm an LSU homer)

Here's my BOLD prediction for round one:

Saints trade their 1st round pick this year and next year plus this year's third to the Dolphins for Miami's 1st round pick this year and the right to switch 2nd round positions next year. Saints choose future Hall of Famer LSU DT Glenn Dorsey. (I say that he's a future HOF because I believe it in my heart, not because I'm an LSU homer)

Well, it's bold in so far as we trade up to the 1st overall spot, which I don't think would be necessary, but I don't think us picking Dorsey is a very bold prediction simply because it's so obvious that that's what we should do. I think a much bolder prediction and also sadly one that I could potentially see happening is Dorsey being available to us and us taking someone on Offense.

Cowboys pick Matt Forte in the first.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom