Bolivian villagers bury suspected killer alive (1 Viewer)

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Bolivian villagers bury suspected killer alive

LA PAZ, Bolivia (AP) — Villagers in Bolivia's southern highlands buried a man alive in the grave of the woman he is suspected of having raped and murdered, an official said Thursday.

A local reporter for an indigenous radio station, who would only speak on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals, told The AP that Ramos was tied up at the woman's funeral. Mourners threw him into the open grave, placed the woman's coffin in it and filled the grave with earth.

Man I gotta tell ya my first thought is I hope they got the right guy. My second thought is...
C45-300-21094_small.jpg

If you actually take the burial ritual seriously, the idea that she is left next to her rapist/killer for eternity is, um, unsettling.

Oh, it could be much worse for guys like him, Play. There's a Vodon ritual that's supposedly still performed in remote Haitian communities that those recently deceased who were abusive, corrupt, and nasty in their lives are cursed to live in a eternal semi-comatose, zombie-ish state, a shadow of their former selves. There's a case I saw on the History Channel on Zombies several years of a former landlord, hated by local villagers as an abusive,domineering bully, came back one day to his village from nearby cemetery several years after he supposedly died, not even a shadow of his former self. In Haitian Vodon communities, people are scared more of possibly becoming a zombie then "zombies" themselves

If you actually take the burial ritual seriously, the idea that she is left next to her rapist/killer for eternity is, um, unsettling.

yes, that bothered me in a way I could not express as well. For all I know this means nothing in their culture however.

the site is kind of dead today. Last one out turn out the lights.

Man I gotta tell ya my first thought is I hope they got the right guy. My second thought is...
for whatever reason this song came to mind

"Long Black Veil"

<!-- start of lyrics -->Ten years ago on a cool dark night
There was someone killed 'neath the town hall light
There were few at the scene and they all did agree
That the man who ran looked a lot like me

The judge said "Son, what is your alibi?
If you were somewhere else then you won't have to die"
I spoke not a word although it meant my life
I had been in the arms of my best friend's wife

She walks these hills in a long black veil
She visits my grave where the night winds wail
Nobody knows, no, and nobody sees
Nobody knows but me

The scaffold was high and eternity neared
She stood in the crowd and shed not a tear
But sometimes at night when the cold wind moans
In a long black veil she cries over my bones

While the article said he was buried with her, keep in mind that he was buried alive but more significantly and perhaps symbolically, her coffin was set on top of him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom