Bond packages (1 Viewer)

If you don't know what your voting for then more than likely a politician got it put on the ballot just for that reason.

Well what I am saying is that the voters don't understand the concept of a bond. I think they just see it as free money or something.

Anybody else have crazy bond packages pass in their area?
We get to vote on bond packages for any and every county that sees the need for one. No one has any idea what they are about.

We had a school bond issue pass here in my neck of the woods with 81% of the vote. Property taxes and car tags will go up next year as a result.

To answer your question, no, I don't think people understand bond issues sometimes. They either see it as "free money" or think they won't have to foot the bill.

Personally, I voted for the school bond. I don't have any children in the local schools. I don't mind paying a little extra every year, and I think the schools could use the improvements.

Do you think the average voter has any idea what they are voting for when they vote for a bond package?

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/11/08/8ausbonds.html

Dumb Austin voters vote for over half a billion in bond packages for a library and cultural center etc. Then they wonder why all of the new roads are toll roads.

yea out here in cali we just passed 37 billlion worth, yea 37 billion to build roads, school, low income housing and levees. I can't wait to start paying this back.

yea out here in cali we just passed 37 billlion worth, yea 37 billion to build roads, school, low income housing and levees. I can't wait to start paying this back.

At least that stuff sounds useful. We are building cultural centers, libraries (we already have these that nobody goes to!), theatres, and film studios. To be fair some of the money is going to local roads and drainage programs.

Oh and this is not a state bond package, its just for Austin!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom