Bonne Carre Spillway to open (1 Viewer)

Will the flooding in the Mid West have an effect on the Spillway down here?

I think they said the river will rise but no where near the 17ft that prompted the opeing of the spillway.

No need to open the spillway.

When you see major flooding on the Ohio River, that's what drives high water on the Mississippi down here.

Up in Iowa and Illinois, the Mississippi is a small river. The swell of water coming down will get swallowed up and lost once it hits the junction with the Ohio.

12 feet in NOLA predicted start of July. It wont even get over the locks which I think occurs at 13 to14 feet. IF it does come in, the swamp crawfish will come out of teh mud and start moving. So a second season is possible

A "second crawfish season." Man that's beautiful. For some reason, I didnt get enough.

Are you sure they wont have to open it up? How on earth does that work? Where does it go, if not down here? (there) I cant believe you're not loading animals onto an ark right now.

A "second crawfish season." Man that's beautiful. For some reason, I didnt get enough.

Are you sure they wont have to open it up? How on earth does that work? Where does it go, if not down here? (there) I cant believe you're not loading animals onto an ark right now.

It comes down here, but it gets absorbed into much more water once it merges with the Ohio and the Missouri rivers.

Up where the Mississippi is flooding, the river is about 10-20 feet deep and a hundred yards wide. In New Orleans, its 200 feet deep and almost a mile wide.

It comes down here, but it gets absorbed into much more water once it merges with the Ohio and the Missouri rivers.

Up where the Mississippi is flooding, the river is about 10-20 feet deep and a hundred yards wide. In New Orleans, its 200 feet deep and almost a mile wide.
kinda like pee-peeing in the Ocean, huh?

Midwest rain not factor in south La.

By AMY WOLD
Advocate staff writer

The Mississippi River in south Louisiana won’t be drastically affected by waters from the Midwest floods, forecasters in Louisiana are saying.

“They’ll have a minor impact,” said David Ramirez, senior hydrologist with the National Weather Service’s River Forecast Center in Slidell.

The reason: The major influence on the lower Mississippi River is the Ohio River, where water levels are falling, and the Ohio is about twice the size of the upper Mississippi, where the flooding is located, Ramirez said

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/20217369.html?showAll=y&c=y

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom