Boomer Esiason: "He wants out, from what I hear” (Matthew Stafford) (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Here's an article with the quotes of what new head coach Dan Campbell said on Matthew Stafford staying in Detroit along with what Boomer Esiason said.

Do you think they will release him or find a trade partner?

I’ve always liked Stafford, and I would love to see him in the B&G... Stafford as the starter with Taysom as the “utility QB” would be great.

Another guy that I haven’t seen mentioned, and I know that at least fan base wise they'd be OK seeing him go... is Derek Carr.

I’ve always liked Stafford, and I would love to see him in the B&G... Stafford as the starter with Taysom as the “utility QB” would be great.

Another guy that I haven’t seen mentioned, and I know that at least fan base wise they'd be OK seeing him go... is Derek Carr.
Wouldn't mind either one. Carr is younger and seems to be on an upward trajectory.

Good arm, talented quarterback, but too many questions on whether he can be the guy who could lead a team and is expensive. All this can be said about Winston. Difference is one of them is already on the team.

No way Stafford is released. Detroit could get back some capital for him in the form of players and picks which they would need to rebuild.
I’ve always liked Stafford. Prototypical NFL arm and seems like a good teammate. He played behind some horrendous o lines in Detroit, yes he got hurt but he played hurt a lot too.

Let’s just roll with Winston and Taysom. If we bomb 💣 out then draft one that CSP likes...if there is one this year, draft him. We should definitely keep Winston though.

I want to draft one highafter this next season though. I mean we can’t even do workouts or anything this year.

Maybe if Trask is there you could take him. I don’t know ?

Carr would be interesting. Not sure what Stafford could provide. I like Stafford, but I'd rather Carr.
But right now the logical choice is JW and TH

It seems like Derek Carr’s struggles are related to poor defenses and poor (I’ll-timed) injury woes.

He would be an interesting option. With CSP’s offense... Alvin Kamara, CGM, and the other weapons, Carr could be phenomenal

I’m getting motion sickness just reading this thread and thinking about the possibilities. Or maybe it’s all of the greyhounds at lunch.

I like both of these guys as well as Marcus Mariota

Stafford looked pretty mediocre this year. I think Stafford with us would be a lot like Rivers with the Colts this season. Still not quite good enough.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom