Boondock Mid-Season 2016 Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

Boondock

Veritas Aequitas
Reaction score
Here is my 2016 mid-season mock draft.

1st Rd - Laquon Treadwell / WR / Ole Miss

- Sean Payton's offense requires the large possessive type of receivers that aren't afraid to make big catches, in traffic over the middle of the field (i.e. Marques Colston). Treadwell certainly fits this role and would be an immediate plug and play wideout. Laquon also has more athleticism and just as much body control as the 25 year old Colston had.

2nd Rd - Joshua Garnett / OG / Stanford

- Jahri Evans is at the end of his career. Evans is a borderline HoFer and a shoo in for ALL Saints post-career awards. Garnett would be another plug and play starter that also played his college ball alongside Andrus Peat. Garnett is a MAULER as a run blocking guard that shows no limitations to his game. He would solidify the OL for years to come.

3rd Rd - Travis Feeney / OLB / Washington

- In the 2015 draft we drafted a MLB (Anthony) and a SOLB (Kikaha). Prior to the 2015 draft we traded for Dannell Ellerbe. When healthy, Ellerbe has been a fire plug. However, he cant be counted on, as the injury bug has plagued him for the past several seasons dating back to his tenure at Miami. Feeney is a tall (6'3") and rangy LB with a solid set of pass rushing moves. He may need some seasoning before taking the field as a starter, but he has the requisite skill set.

4th Rd - Ronald Blair / DE / Appalachain State

- A proto-typical, NFL 4-3 LDE, Blair reminds me very much of Michael Bennett during his time at College Station. Blair is a pass rusher first that has an excellent ability to stop the run with quick penetration into the backfield. Blair has made numerous TFL's during his collegiate career. He offers more pass rush than Bobby Richardson and is just as good at stopping the run.

5th Rd - Jake McGee / TE / Florida

- McGee is just what Payton looks for in a TE. He has nearly a 100 receptions over his career at Florida. So, you know he has good hands. Also, he isnt afraid to mix it up as an inline blocker. In the 5th round, McGee represents excellent value.

7th Rd - Cory Johnson / DT / Kentucky

- Johnson's Senior season at Kentucky has shown a defensive lineman with a mean streak. Johnson has only played 2 seasons at Kentucky. He was a JC transfer. If you go back and watch Johnson against SEC competition (Tennessee and South Carolina) this season he shows power in the trenches with an excellent ability to shed blocks and get penetration to either disrupt the play or kill it instantly.

Where do you have us picking?

All year I've been saying that I want Treadwell to be in Black and Gold next year, I'd love this pick if possible.

I never understood the hype for Treadwell. He makes catches with defenders draped all over him which means he can't get open in COLLEGE. He's also a bad route runner. Reminds me of Brandon Coleman. I think Payton has learned his lesson with drafting WR in the first. Last year we could have spent the first pick improving the Defense and gotten a much better reciever, Landry, in the second.

Our first pick will be Adolphus Washington or Vadal Alexander. I would say Andrew Billings but he is only 19 yo and would take too much time to develop if we are going to make a SB run. Our NT/G needs outweigh our WR needs.

I never understood the hype for Treadwell. He makes catches with defenders draped all over him which means he can't get open in COLLEGE. He's also a bad route runner. Reminds me of Brandon Coleman. I think Payton has learned his lesson with drafting WR in the first. Last year we could have spent the first pick improving the Defense and gotten a much better reciever, Landry, in the second.

Our first pick will be Adolphus Washington or Vadal Alexander. I would say Andrew Billings but he is only 19 yo and would take too much time to develop if we are going to make a SB run. Our NT/G needs outweigh our WR needs.

What defender should we have taken with the Cooks pick?

I mean Landry > SJB all day but Cooks is still great.

What defender should we have taken with the Cooks pick?

I mean Landry > SJB all day but Cooks is still great.
I'm not trying to knock cooks or anything but he wasn't worth the price. He would hardly make the #2 reciever on other teams. Cardinals used the pick we gave them and got John Brown who has the same skill set as cooks.

I'm not a big fan of Treadwell either. Just isn't a dominate college WR and like the other poster said, if he can't dominate in college and get separation he probably won't do it in the NFL. Would much rather a dominate OL or DL

Your hindsight here is just silly.

I loved Landry as a prospect, but everyone had Cooks as the better NFL prospect. It's just stupid to say we should have gone D in the 1st and Landry in the 2nd bc there was no definitive proof that Landry would be available for our 2nd rounder. Taking that risk could have netted us 0 WRs.

That draft was also 2 years ago. I really wanted Landry in the 2nd round in the '14 draft instead of SJB bc I felt like we needed more than 1 new WR that year, but it's completely understandable why the FO didn't since we drafted Cooks in the 1st round of that same draft, and they're both smaller.

Treadwell isn't my favorite WR in the draft, but you're greatly exaggerating his deficiencies. He is a very good player w a lot of skills that only the top NFL WRs posses. I think I'd rather Pitt WR Boyd or TCU WR Doctson at this point based on my current knowledge, but Treadwel is an amazing WR prospect.

So, you don't want Treadwell because he's not a speedster? You do realize we already have that skillset in Cooks right? Treadwell is what we need, a big number 1 WR that will go up and make a play on the ball and block out his defender.

He's a playmaker and trust me he's worth drafting.

Wow- first 2 picks on Offensive players when the Saints have the worst defense in the history of mankind.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom