Boot Camp is not enjoyable. (1 Viewer)

iHEARTbush

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Just finished my Army BCT at Fort Sill, OK. Leave for AIT today at noon. Thought I share how it went. Lawton, Oklahoma in the Winter is not fun at all. I froze half to death. Although, I lost 40 lbs. and got a nifty new haircut. I haven't seen a decent woman in quite a while. Group showers still suck as do MRE's. I qualified sharpshooter on the M16/A2 and expert on grenades. I've done thousands of pushups, rucked-marched hundreds of miles and ran more than I cared to. Next stop... Fort Bliss, El Paso, Texas.

This is my first time on the interweb since January 12. I have had no outside news. I only know that Deuce is gone (no details) and training camp has been moved.

Just finished my Army BCT at Fort Sill, OK. Leave for AIT today at noon. Thought I share how it went. Lawton, Oklahoma in the Winter is not fun at all. I froze half to death. Although, I lost 40 lbs. and got a nifty new haircut. I haven't seen a decent woman in quite a while. Group showers still suck as do MRE's. I qualified sharpshooter on the M16/A2 and expert on grenades. I've done thousands of pushups, rucked-marched hundreds of miles and ran more than I cared to. Next stop... Fort Bliss, El Paso, Texas.

This is my first time on the interweb since January 12. I have had no outside news. I only know that Deuce is gone (no details) and training camp has been moved.

We've had a really good offseason. Probably (hopefully) the offseason we thought last year's was. We've signed tons of defensive players, including one of the best veteran safeties available. Dan Morgan will is coming back and will probably be healthy for the start of the season.

Congrats on surviving camp. So you're a lean, mean fightin' machine, now? Congrats on your marksmanship awards, as well? Good Luck, thanks for your service....Keep in touch.

You defenitly have a lot of SR catching up to do....

Congratulations. I remember the day I left Paris Island as one of the happiest.

Here's the quick recap: http://www.kffl.com/team/25/nfl

The more distance you get from boot camp the more you will find yourself laughing at the absurdly stupid junk that they put you through. Of course, you'll also have an understanding of why they did it.

Good luck at AIT.

The more distance you get from boot camp the more you will find yourself laughing at the absurdly stupid junk that they put you through. Of course, you'll also have an understanding of why they did it.

Good luck at AIT.
This is the truth... even the duck walk has a clear purpose...

enlisted life a very unique way of life.. enjoy it and dont catch any diseases ... watch out for the clubs outside of the base... if a girl asks you to buy her a drink its usually a scam where she works with the bar .. she orders a 10$ or 15$ drink and gets a premade mix of juice with a cap full of vodka.. its a huge scheme to make money and it works well... you take a couple hundred horny college aged boys who just got their boot camp pay and plop them in a bar with a 7 to 1 male to female ratio ... the BS trick has been working for years!

Congradulations & good luck. El Paso in the summer time, how lucky can you get

welcome to the fraternity. now go see the world, wear protection, and make sure you always go out with a battle buddy. ps volunteer for korea and request germany as your first duty station. you will thank me later...

OH AND STAY THE HELL OUT OF JUAREZ!!!

Congrats and welcome to the club!

Fort Sill, huh? Old Army joke:

Morning formation at oh-dark-thirty at Fort Sill. The sun was just peeking over the vast and empty horizon. Private Jones had had enough. He threw down his rifle and started ranting as he walked away.

"I hate the Army! I hate formations at dawn! And I hate Fort Sill!"

The squad leader immediately went to the platoon sergeant to report.

"Platoon Sergeant! Private Jones threw down his rifle and went AWOL just now!"

The platoon sergeant rolled his eyes.

"Squad Leader, count him as present and go tend to your squad."

All day, the squad leader kept going to the platoon sergeant to report.

"Platoon Sergeant, what are we going to do about Private Jones? He's AWOL!"

Time and again, the platoon sergeant answered.

"Count him as present and go tend to your squad, Squad Leader."

Just before formation the next morning, as the sun was peeking over the horizon, the platoon sergeant sent for the squad leader.

"Squad Leader!"

"Yes, Platoon Sergant!"

"See that dot on the horizon?"

"Yes, Platoon Sergeant!"

"That's probably Private Jones. Get a Hummer, go pick him up and bring him back so he doesn't miss formation."

This is the truth... even the duck walk has a clear purpose...

enlisted life a very unique way of life.. enjoy it and dont catch any diseases ... watch out for the clubs outside of the base... if a girl asks you to buy her a drink its usually a scam where she works with the bar .. she orders a 10$ or 15$ drink and gets a premade mix of juice with a cap full of vodka.. its a huge scheme to make money and it works well... you take a couple hundred horny college aged boys who just got their boot camp pay and plop them in a bar with a 7 to 1 male to female ratio ... the BS trick has been working for years!

this is ALL true ...
you WILL definitely laugh about BC later. As a woman who served in the Armed Forces ... you will make some GREAT memories, meet some REALLY GREAT people that will be in your life for a lifetime. watch out for the schemers ... mind your surroundings & don't be stupid.
CONGRATS on your accomplishments in BC ... I'm sure you will have many, many more great accomplishments!
Best of luck to you .... THANK YOU for serving!! Welcome "Brother" to the Military Family!

- Cut Deuce and McKenzie
- Signed Jabari Greer, Darren Sharper, Dan Morgan (unretired), Paul Spicer, Nick Leckey, Rod Coleman.
- Everyone's just as overconfident as ever. Good times. Welcome back.

You'll be surprised at how easy what you did in Basic Training was compared to what you go through when you get to a unit. You should also be proud of what you've done -- sometimes in life, accomplishment and achievement are their own rewards.

When you get to the big desert, don't wear a NY Yankee's cap like this knucklehead I met in Saudi.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom