Bored at work so here is a mock draft. (1 Viewer)

Stew

Wait.....what?
Reaction score
1st Round- The Saints and Bears have made a trade!
The Bears receive the Saints 15th pick in the 1st Round and the 75th pick
The Saints receive the Bears 20th pick in the 1st round, the 50th pick in the 2nd round, and the 114th pick in the 4th round. Bears select ILB Manti Te'o

With the 20th selection in the 1st round the Saints select:
Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State 6'1 215
Skill-Set Summary: Rhodes is a big cornerback who is very physical with receivers. He does a good job in press-man coverage. Off the snap, Rhodes limits the release with a strong jam and rerouting skills. He has the speed and athletic ability to run with receivers after the jam. Rhodes does a good job of not allowing separation and keeping his man covered. Rhodes showed the ability to match up with an elite receiver in his battle against Michael Floyd. The Irish wideout couldn't beat Rhodes with speed or size.
images

With the 50th selection in the 2nd Round the Saints select:
Jesse Williams, NT, Alabama 6'4 320
Skill-Set Summary: Williams is perfect as a defensive lineman in a 3-4 defense. He has the power and bulk to occupy multiple blockers along the offensive line. That frees up the linebackers to rush the quarterback or chase down the running back. Not only does Williams set the edge well, but he can bull rush to collapse the pocket on passing downs. Williams is a real force at the point of attack, and offenses struggle to have any success when they run his direction.

jesse-williams-alabama-1008-11jpg-6af3a969ff533296_display_image.jpg

With the 106th pick in the 4th round the Saints select:
David Quessenberry, LOT, San Jose State 6'5 300
Quessenberry was a productive 3-year starter for San Jose State who earned multiple All-Conference selections. Scouts were saying entering the Senior Bowl that Quessenberry was a fourth- or fifth-rounder, but after his strong week against good competition, he has elevated into the the third- to fourth-round range. Quessenberry got better each practice and was very impressive in the final day's one-on-ones.
davidquessenberry_display_image.jpg

With the 114th pick in the 4th round the Saints select:
Brandon Jenkins, OLB, Florida State 6'4 265
Skill-Set Summary: Jenkins is a speed-edge rusher coming around the corner who has a nice repertoire of moves to throw at offensive tackles. He is an excellent athlete and could fit well in a NFL 3-4 defense as an edge rusher. The biggest negative about Jenkins is that he could be more physical at times. It would be better if he added more muscle to hold his ground at the point of attack in the ground game.
brandonjenkins_display_image.jpg

With the 137 pick in the 5th Round the Saints select:
Joe Kruger, 3-4 DE, Utah 6'7 280
Kruger had a quality junior season with 30 tackles, eight tackles for a loss, six sacks, two forced fumbles, an interception, a blocked kick and a pass broken up. He definitely benefitted from playing next to Star Lotulelei. Kruger had three sacks as a sophomore. He would probably be best as a 3-4 defensive end in the NFL.
320x.jpg

With the 170th pick in the 6th round the Saints select:
Josh Evans, S, Florida 6'2 210
Evans was solid for Florida in 2012 and led the team in tackles with 83. He also totaled three passes broken up, 2.5 sacks and three interceptions. Evans was a good run-defender and did well in pass coverage. He had 51 tackles, 2.5 tackles for a loss, one sack, one pass breakup and one interception in 2011. Evans was one of the top safeties at the East-West Shrine and consistently made his presence felt.

Z

This would be a killer draft, but somehow I don't think we get that lucky :) Especially Jesse Williams falling that far.

Am I reading this correctly? We trade down and pick up a second rounder (50th pick)? If so I didn't see a 2nd round selection forgive me if I'm wrong

EDIT: Never mind, you just didn't give insight on the player.

I would lose it if this happened I may dance in the streets and claim victory please football gods let this happen

Love the trade. don't want to pick another CB.

I'll take it... Since draft discussion began I wanted Rhodes. I think he's just what we need in our secondary. Big physical corner with a little attitude. Nice mock, although I'd like the safety play in Cooper from Richmond better than Evans but just my opinion.

wow, love that, I would have to go out partying if we got all of those and celebrate, lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom