bornnraisedwhodat | The Definitive Draft 1.0 (1 Viewer)

bornnraisedwhodat

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
Just some fun. Obviously we have absolutetly know clue how this draft will play, this year more than others. I really had a tough time with the top 10. All those teams have needs and is it me or are the Cheifs the most talented #1 overall pick in recent memory? I would love to do one with trades but I have no idea how that will play out. I reached for some teams so we could land Richardson :ezbill: I couldnt help myself, sorry. :mwink:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

bornnraisedwhodat | The Definitive Draft 1.0
Updated: 04/09/2013 11:13AM ET
Round 1

1 Kansas City Eric Fisher OT Central Michigan
Reid loves his big uglies. If they are unable to trade down, Fisher is their guy. Him and Joekel are similar in production, but Fisher has more athletic upside and Reid likes Atheletes.

2 Jacksonville Geno Smith QB West Virginia
All the top 10 teams have made moves to keep their options open at QB.The new regime in J-ville has no ties to Gabbert and after 2 years starting, it should be obvious that he is not franchise QB. Is Geno? Who knows, but they bring in their guy to compete with Gabbert. At worse, Gabbert gets better and you can trade him for a pick later.

3 Oakland Sharrif Floyd DT Florida
Raiders have holes everywhere, they take the best 4-3 3 technique in the draft. No question about it.

4 Philadelphia Luke Joeckel OT Texas A&M
Chip Kelly gets a gift in a stud left tackle.

5 Detroit Lane Johnson OT Oklahoma
Detroit needs DL help but cant pass on Lane to keep their QB clean.

6 Cleveland Star Lotulelei DT Utah
Ray Horton can do a lot of things with Star. With other pieces already in place, Browns have the best DL in their division on paper.

7 Arizona Dee Milliner DC Alabama
Arizona, with no stud tackles left on the board, go with more secondary help to partner along side Patrick Peterson.

8 Buffalo Dion Jordan DE Oregon
Buffalo pass on a QB and goes with a versatile playmaker who can help them vs the Patriots.

9 New York Ezekiel Ansah DE BYU
Word is Rex loves Ansah so he cant help him self here even if he is a lame duck coach.

10 Tennessee Chance Warmack OG Alabama
CJ2K smiles and the Titans get someone to help their run game open up.

11 San Diego Jonathan Cooper OG North Carolina
Chargers need help all along the OL.

12 Miami Kenny Vaccaro FS Texas
Miami needs a versative safety or the Patriots will continue to own that division.

13 Tampa Bay Tavon Austin WR West Virginia
The Bucs give their offense a weapon to partner with Jackson and Willams. Freeman has not excuses now. Crucial year for him.

14 Carolina Xavier Rhodes DC Florida State Carolina needs defensive up front but their secondary is starving for talent.

15 New Orleans Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
Rob Ryan gets a versatile DL who can play all over their front and line up in base and nickel situations to rush the passer.

16 St. Louis Alec Ogletree IB Georgia
Fisher loves problem children he puts some physicality in their LB corps to line next to Laurenitis and Dunbar. The arms race continutes in the NFCW.

17 Pittsburgh Jarvis Jones OB Georgia
Such a Steelers pick. A stud pass rusher who has a poor workout and questionable workout habbits falls right into their laps. Wont suprise me if years from now people look back and slap themselves for passing on him considering his production on college.

18 Dallas Cordarrelle Patterson WR Tennessee
Patterson takes a little dive due to his rawness and questionable football IQ but Jerrah Jones loves to make a splash, and if he can develop, they could have the best WR corps in the league. Scary.

19 New York Bjoern Werner DE Florida State
Giants dont pass on pass rushers and Werner is a good one.

20 Chicago Alex Okafor DE Texas
Bears DL is getting older and Okafor is one of the better pass rushers in this draft.

21 Cincinnati DJ Fluker OT Alabama
Bengals decide to move on from Andre Smith and take a mean right tackle to help their run game.

22 St. Louis F/WAS DeAndre Hopkins WR Clemson
Bradford needs weapons and Hopkins is a sure handed great route running who will instantly provide him with what they lost in Amendola.

23 Minnesota Jesse Williams DT Alabama
The new Williams wall being built.

24 Indianapolis Datone Jones DE UCLA
Colts need some meat on the DL that can be stout and rush the passer. That is Datone Jones.

25 Minnesota F/SEA Keenan Allen WR California
Vikings are startving for playmakers in the passing game with the trade of Harvin. Kennan is sure handed and very good. Instantly the best WR on their team next to Jennings who is older.

26 Green Bay Eddie Lacy RB Alabama
GB needs to get more physical up front and Lacy will give them a playmaker between the tackles and in the passing game.

27 Houston Kevin Minter IB LSU
Texans get some more studs for their already good defense.

28 Denver Arthur Brown OB Kansas State
Fox loves linebakers and Brown is arguably the best one in the draft. Smart, versatile, and a tough player.

29 New England Eric Reid FS LSU
Reid gives Belichick that hard hitter in the secondary.

30 Atlanta Tyler Eifert TE Notre Dame
Gonzales is coming back but they still need a TE as Gonzo gets older and this is his last year (I think).

31 San Francisco Johnathan Jenkins DT Georgia
San Fran gets a new nose after letting Ricky Jean Francois leave for FA.

32 Baltimore Desmond Trufant DC Washington
You can never have enought CB's and Trufant is a quality one.

The graphical version is below just click on the link.. You can create your own mocks on ourlads.com and take part in the mock draft challenge. If you are the one that gets the most picks right you win your own personalized super bowl esqu Mock Draft champ ring.
The Definitive Draft 1.0

Pretty good, brwd. I know it's just a bit of fun and it's hard to keep all the players straight, but Mingo will defintely go in the first round, and be picked before his teammates Minter and Reid.

Also, I think Buffalo would likely opt for an OLB or OG rather than a DE. They're fairly stacked at DE (one of the very few positions of relative strength on their roster). If the draft was playing out the way you have it, I would bet they'd take Warmack at #8 or trade down and draft Jones.

Pretty good, brwd. I know it's just a bit of fun and it's hard to keep all the players straight, but Mingo will defintely go in the first round, and be picked before his teammates Minter and Reid.

Also, I think Buffalo would likely opt for an OLB or OG rather than a DE. They're fairly stacked at DE (one of the very few positions of relative strength on their roster). If the draft was playing out the way you have it, I would bet they'd take Warmack at #8 or trade down and draft Jones.

Yeah...i am pretty sure he goes in the 1st also but I am just not a big fan of the kid.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

So Mingo falls out of the first round?

Also, I think the Browns picking Star might be a tad redundant since they have Phil Taylor, Rubin, and just signed Bryant to a huge deal. I would think Milliner if their choice or one of the outside backers. But that's just my opinion.

Carolina has needed a DT for years now. You think they would pass over Richardson?

But thats just my point. Seems like every year we assume Carolina will finally address their DT issues but they never due, atleast in the 1st round. Who's to say they will this year, especially considering other needs. They passed on guys like Fletcher Cox last year and took a MLB in the top 10 which no one saw coming.

So Mingo falls out of the first round?

Also, I think the Browns picking Star might be a tad redundant since they have Phil Taylor, Rubin, and just signed Bryant to a huge deal. I would think Milliner if their choice or one of the outside backers. But that's just my opinion.

Good point there. I honestly believe the Browns will trade down from 6. They have prime real estate right there IMO.

Both Tampa and Carolina are big wild cards. It sucks that we are behind them and they both likely could take a player we are eyeing

You sold me on most of your projected picks.

I do think the Vikings & Bears have to go MLB badly enough to trade up for one. And I think the 49ers will trade up for Vaccaro.

Also I agree with others that Mingo won't make it out of the 1st, and no way he gets past the Patriots.

But thats just my point. Seems like every year we assume Carolina will finally address their DT issues but they never due, atleast in the 1st round. Who's to say they will this year, especially considering other needs. They passed on guys like Fletcher Cox last year and took a MLB in the top 10 which no one saw coming.

Yeah, but they had Luke Kechley higher on their board than any DT last year. They have to go DT, IMHO. That defensive front needs to create more pressure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom