N/S Boston Scott (...looked good on MNF) (1 Viewer)

Yeah, it sucks, but that goes with the territory of having built a team with so much depth.
Exactly. It’s how the league keeps bad teams competitive. Poaching players they weren’t smart enough to draft.

Good for him. Wouldn’t be fair to him to still be 4th string RB and spending his career on our practice squad.

Exactly. It’s how the league keeps bad teams competitive. Poaching players they weren’t smart enough to draft.

Good for him. Wouldn’t be fair to him to still be 4th string RB and spending his career on our practice squad.
I agree. And I always pull for guys who were ever Saints unless they're playing the Saints or in some way can affect something like our playoff seeding. Unless it's someone like Jimmy Graham or Akiem Hicks who trashed the organization and city on their way out the door.

He made a juke one time that I couldn’t help think.....I wish Kamara could still do that. I really hope Cook can come back because he definitely let the league know that he isn’t just a guy that you can ignore. I’m thinking with him healthy and Murray on the field at the same time as Kamara, we may see more big plays from AK again.

Its all in hindsight but Scott and Ozigbo should be on this team, the roster was shaped he way it was but there was talent at the bottom of the running back depth chart I felt we should of kept and Scott was the one from 2018 and Ozigbo in 2019 should of made this team as they earned a spot.

Kamara / Scott
Murray / Ozigbo

From the MNF game vs. the Giants:

:gosaints:

Man, Scott's nasty in the screen game. But,,, so is Kamara, Murray, and Harris will be too when he's had a mind meld with Brees.

Edit: Yeah Meily, I was very disappointed to see Ozigbo cut. But,,, can only keep 4-5, so that's just the breaks.

He certainly passed the eye test while he was here, and I felt a loss when he was cut.

So did Harris pass the eye test, and I was on pins and needles when the big cut came down. He had a great game against SF. I think that was enough incentive for Payton to "Sprollitize" him at an accelerated rate to help Kamara out.

I really like Harris, but he's not a RB. He's WAY to small. Shoot, he's on the boardline for being too small for a WR. He reminds me quite a bit of Tyreek Hill (though with less hops/top end speed). He could be a very receiver one day if he sticks with it and gets the right coaching. He's incredibly dynamic. He accelerates and isn't afraid of contact...really difficult to bring down because of his size/acceleration/toughness.

If he had a #43 jersey on with the Eagles in the game vs. the Giants, you would have been convinced it was Darren Sproles out there.

Averaged 5.9 ypc (rushing): 10 carries for 59 yds with 1 TD
Targeted 6 times; had 6 receptions for 69 yds (11.5 ypc)

He was the leading rusher for the Eagles, and only Ertz had more receiving yards vs. the Giants.

Too bad we lost him from the practice squad.

:gosaints:

That's all well and fine but we have a running back who suits up every Sunday who is head and shoulders better than Scott..............................................the only thing is that he only sees the field on ST!!

He has 3 carries this season and has averaged 12.7 YPC........................................so can anyone explain to me why he seldom ever sees the field with the offense?

Yeah................Dwayne Washington!!

That's all well and fine but we have a running back who suits up every Sunday who is head and shoulders better than Scott..............................................the only thing is that he only sees the field on ST!!

He has 3 carries this season and has averaged 12.7 YPC........................................so can anyone explain to me why he seldom ever sees the field with the offense?

Yeah................Dwayne Washington!!

We tend to want to keep every talented RB that comes along, but there's always a surplus. They're just not rare like talented OL and front 7 players.

Yeah, Washington is a stud, and if Murray goes down, it won't hurt real bad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom