Boston Scott starting for Eagles (1 Viewer)

Well no you can pick Scott over Gillislee.
Scott was signed off our practice squad. He didn't bring anything to special teams. It's why he couldn't be signed to the main roster.

Well no you can pick Scott over Gillislee.

Back then? Yeah.
Right now our 3rd back is essentially a ST player, and I don't know if he compares to Washington.

It's true that he's a good player, but I'm not too concerned when 31 one other teams are drooling over our roster cuts

Back then? Yeah.
Right now our 3rd back is essentially a ST player, and I don't know if he compares to Washington.

It's true that he's a good player, but I'm not too concerned when 31 one other teams are drooling over our roster cuts
Well, ever since 2016. Payton has been very keen on keeping special teams stout. Boston just wouldn't make team except through the Practice Squad.

Gillislee was a temp player until Ingram got back. They put the vet on the 53 instead of the rookie. Neither was going to stay on the roster regardless. Scott was destined for the practice squad one way or another.

It's a great sign how many of our lower-round drafted players and UDFAs end up being productive for other teams.

Far different from what used to happen, when we'd misuse good players, let them go, and they become productive someplace else (see, e.g., Delhomme, Jake; Walls, Wesley; Perriman, Robert).

All we need to do now is finally win that second Lombardi.

Gillislee was a temp player until Ingram got back. They put the vet on the 53 instead of the rookie. Neither was going to stay on the roster regardless. Scott was destined for the practice squad one way or another.

Gillislee was awful. He offered nothing. It was a bad move...Scott should have made the team. As much as I liked Ogizbo...I completely understand why he wasn’t kept. But I didn’t understand going with Gillislee then and I don’t understand it now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom