Both Left Tackles out? (1 Viewer)

If you look hard enough you can find a silver lining in everything. Injuries creates oppurtunity. Let's go Strief and plz stay healthy.

On this board, it's more like "If you look hard enough you can find a black cloud".

Geesh.

Our line is versatile enough to where the guards can play tackle or center when it is necessary. Besides, I am sure they will bring someone in as a stop-gap backup for a week or so.

I doubt they bring someone in now (except Leckey). Strief has been playing End and Dinkins should take that spot. I guess Nicks will be the back up tackle (with Nesbit playing guard in that situation).

They did sign Renardo Foster to the practice squad. So he may be brought up for this game.

Last edited:
Payton said in the press conference that both Bushrod and Streif will be ready this week.

There is nothing to worry about. Payton is not stupid, he is an offensive genius. He is not going to isolate a very inexperienced player against a number one defense protecting our all world QB! Shockey, Thomas, and Dinkins will be over giving him as much help as possible all day, and expect Evans and our RBs giving chips out of the backfield to delay the rush

I expect us to pound it behind Nicks and Strief, Strief was eligible as an extra tight end like 9 or 10 times on Sunday and we ran straight behind him nearly every time. I am actually looking forward to what he can do in the run game full time. And him and a tight end will take the Jets end pretty handily.

Payton will sort this out, nothing to worry about other than depth. We may well sign someone up as we are really thin now.

There is nothing to worry about. Payton is not stupid, he is an offensive genius.

I'm actually very worried about this, which is out of character for me. Only having 3 eligible Tackles on a team that likes to pass as much as ours concerns me. Looking around the league I see some teams that field 3 and some that field up to 5.

I can't remember us ever having more than this but it's still worrisome...I liked being able to put Strief out at TE and now we don't have that option.

Someone please put my mind at ease here.

Strief is better then Bushrod and the LT play promptly picked up in the 2nd half once Bushrod was put on the bench.

I'm not worried, at least not until Strief is hurt too. Then I'll worry.

Well in case of total emergency (*knocks wood*) Carl Nicks played LT his whole senior year at Nebraska and dominated, and also featured there a little during preseason. And I'm pretty sure Jahri Evans started all 4 years of college at LT too.

Anyways we should sign one up before the game, and I can't see any reason at all why we wouldn't.

Malcolm Jenkins did not practice today either because of an ankle injury.

We need him on special teams really bad.....

Has everyone forgotten that Strief has filled in decently for Brown since 2006?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom