Both Left Tackles out? (1 Viewer)

And this has more to do with putting Brown on IR than you think. Bushrod is hurt and I'd bet he won't play for at least a couple of games. we couldn't afford to have two tackle injured and not active, so one had to be put on IR...they went with the guy who will be out the longest.

And this has more to do with putting Brown on IR than you think. Bushrod is hurt and I'd bet he won't play for at least a couple of games. we couldn't afford to have two tackle injured and not active, so one had to be put on IR...they went with the guy who will be out the longest.

That very well could be true but with the bye week next week, I'm willing to bet Bushrod is back in for the Giants game. It was only a sprained ankle.

With the body of work that I have noticed from Strief, I have all the confidence in him to fill in for a few games at LT. With Brees quick feet and pocket presence, I am not worried at all.

That very well could be true but with the bye week next week, I'm willing to bet Bushrod is back in for the Giants game. It was only a sprained ankle.

I hope so...I just think Brown to the IR is either Brown is hurt worse that we thoughtor Bushrod is hurt worse than we thought and we need to get another live body on the roster. The way Mickey said the move was made for "what's best for the team" tells me it may be more about Bushrod than Brown.

What I have seen in the NFL is that ankle injuries can be pesky ones, especially for o-linemen because they use their feet for certain technique when blocking. Here's hoping Jermon gets well soon.

I hope so...I just think Brown to the IR is either Brown is hurt worse that we thoughtor Bushrod is hurt worse than we thought and we need to get another live body on the roster. The way Mickey said the move was made for "what's best for the team" tells me it may be more about Bushrod than Brown.

I read that the hip injury he had would have nagged him all year. Although, I can't find what the hip injury exactly was only that it was injured last year against the Redskins.

I'm guessing the move to IR was because of not taking care of the injury (hip) in the fashion that the Saints requested. I only think this because of the fact that he won't talk to the media and was reportedly surprised that he was put on IR.

The run game exploded when Streif came into the game last Sunday. He's a man mountain at 6' 7" 330 lb. The only problem now is backups at both tackle spots. Thin is dangerous. I suppose the emergency plan may be moving Nicks to OT and bringing Nesbit in at OG.

LT depth is worrysome. Strief can fill in for a game-but if he goes down or gets wore down-what then? Bushrod will be back for the giants game.

I fully agree that one is worst than we expected. Maybe it is Bushrod because Brown was reportedly shocked at the news yesterday. Then, it was reported that he was upset and pretty much declined interview in the locker room today.

LT depth is worrysome. Strief can fill in for a game-but if he goes down or gets wore down-what then? Bushrod will be back for the giants game.

Our line is versatile enough to where the guards can play tackle or center when it is necessary. Besides, I am sure they will bring someone in as a stop-gap backup for a week or so.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom