Bottleneck for NFC Playoffs (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I'm getting worried about the playoffs now. We just need to win a game and hopefully we'll still have Atlanta's number next week.

9-1 Chicago
They've pretty much locked up a spot

6-3 NY Giants
Still play Monday, with a win I don't see them missing th playoffs

6-4 Dallas, New Orleans, Seattle, Carolina

5-5 SF, Philly, Atlanta

4-6 Green Bay, Minnesota, St. Louis

It's starting to look like 10 wins gets the first playoff spot and 9 wins PLUS tiebreakers get's the second spot.

I figure Chicago is in the Playoffs, otherwise there are 5 spots for 11 teams. Any team could get hot right now in the NFC and make it too the playoffs. We're lucky to be 5-1 in the NFC and have one of the best tiebreakers right now. Phlly looks to be out of it with McNabb going down, and if SF continue's to stay hot that will be a must win game.

Carolina will make the playoffs! They are the second coming of Jesus Christ, just you watch ESPN this week. They'll tell you.

PLAYOFFS!!? PLAYOFFS!!? I don't think we should even be talking about playoffs right now......we just need to win another game!!!

/jimmora

PLAYOFFS!!? PLAYOFFS!!? I don't think we should even be talking about playoffs right now......we just need to win another game!!!

/jimmora

Exactly SS. I'm wondering where on this schedule that we may get a win at? I am really worried about the secondary of this team and the huge amount of turnovers week in and week out. Playoffs may not be in the cards with 5 TO's a game and the D giving up 300 yds passing and 150+ rushing against them every week.

MV is absolutely right. All we need to do is start playing smarter and get a win under our belts. Heck the last two weeks it was the Saints who beat the Saints, even though the defensive backfield has displayed some glaring weaknesses, that will be exploited when other teams watch the films.
As far as I am concerned we should not even think beyond one game at a time for now and lets see if we can get some wins. The rest will take care of itself.

MV is absolutely right. All we need to do is start playing smarter and get a win under our belts. Heck the last two weeks it was the Saints who beat the Saints, even though the defensive backfield has displayed some glaring weaknesses, that will be exploited when other teams watch the films.
As far as I am concerned we should not even think beyond one game at a time for now and lets see if we can get some wins. The rest will take care of itself.

I think you hit it right on the head. If we don't turn over the ball 3 times against the Steelers or 4 times against the Bengals we probably aren't even talking about how bad our secondary is right now. That's one bright spot. If we can just protect the football we will win games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom