Bottom Line Question...Can the Saints run the table? (1 Viewer)

1) Special teams would have to make a complete turnaround and 2) the offense would have to stop turning the ball over. I think at this point in the season it is too late for #1 to happen.

This team can do it. But it's not likely.

That said, prepare yourselves. You guys do realize we are about to get teased again, right? We are about to win 3 or 4 in a row, just to tease us before falling out of contention.

This team can do it. But it's not likely.

That said, prepare yourselves. You guys do realize we are about to get teased again, right? We are about to win 3 or 4 in a row, just to tease us before falling out of contention.

Is it a possibility - Yes! Is it in any way achievable - Absolutely NOT. This team is making progress every week in two of the three phases of the game, but the Special Teams fiasco's that occur almost every week are costing this team any chance at competing for a post season spot. I see no way that the Special Teams issues can be fixed and the continued futility of this unit will continue to cost us the remainder of the year. I say this noting that the very same issues (blocked FG/PAT's and inexcusable return errors that put us in a huge hole) keep repeating. Either it is coaching or just very poor personnel, but perhaps both that are discouraging for a team otherwise playing competitive football week to week.

scariest-gifs-see-you-in-your-dreams.gif

BRING IT BIATCH~! I’d tear these clowns to shreds in real life or in my dreams~! IF these clowns who represent the leaders of the NFL want to try and scare me, they should dress up as Lutz lining up for a chip shot FG or X-tra Pt.~! Now THAT’s SCARY to me now!

I mean, what does MacMahon DO during the week when he clearly sees what WE see , at least during the GAMES, where everything MATTERS and IS ON THE LINE OF A GAME?

I’d have Lutz kicking over 20’ pylons starting from the X-tra pt. line up formation to shorter and shorter heights backing all the way to NO LESS than 8’ high going back until he reaches a 60 yard fG~! Never shortening the pylon “blockers” to less than 8’ since that’s how high a typical “D-lineman” can out reach his arms. Anyone have any other suggestions to help this 22 year old besides a squeeze tube of Clearasil™ for him to apply during games so he feels more confident about his looks and/or age or “ANYTHING” ELSE????? I literally, just like EVERY OTHER SAINTS FAN ON EARTH couldn’t believe my eyes and even though it wound up being called back, the shock and awe of the whole concept was enough to rock anyone’s world and I expected Our TEAM’s minds to be blown and don’t blame them one bit.

BRING IT BIATCH~! I’d tear these clowns to shreds in real life or in my dreams~! IF these clowns who represent the leaders of the NFL want to try and scare me, they should dress up as Lutz lining up for a chip shot FG or X-tra Pt.~! Now THAT’s SCARY to me now!

I mean, what does MacMahon DO during the week when he clearly sees what WE see , at least during the GAMES, where everything MATTERS and IS ON THE LINE OF A GAME?

I’d have Lutz kicking over 20’ pylons starting from the X-tra pt. line up formation to shorter and shorter heights backing all the way to NO LESS than 8’ high going back until he reaches a 60 yard fG~! Never shortening the pylon “blockers” to less than 8’ since that’s how high a typical “D-lineman” can out reach his arms. Anyone have any other suggestions to help this 22 year old besides a squeeze tube of Clearasil™ for him to apply during games so he feels more confident about his looks and/or age or “ANYTHING” ELSE????? I literally, just like EVERY OTHER SAINTS FAN ON EARTH couldn’t believe my eyes and even though it wound up being called back, the shock and awe of the whole concept was enough to rock anyone’s world and I expected Our TEAM’s minds to be blown and don’t blame them one bit.

What?

Is it a possibility - Yes! Is it in any way achievable - Absolutely NOT. This team is making progress every week in two of the three phases of the game, but the Special Teams fiasco's that occur almost every week are costing this team any chance at competing for a post season spot. I see no way that the Special Teams issues can be fixed and the continued futility of this unit will continue to cost us the remainder of the year. I say this noting that the very same issues (blocked FG/PAT's and inexcusable return errors that put us in a huge hole) keep repeating. Either it is coaching or just very poor personnel, but perhaps both that are discouraging for a team otherwise playing competitive football week to week.

Discouraging is RIGHT~! Let’s just look at Drew Bree’s batted down balls. We’ve seen this happen so often we’ve actually gotten used to it happening at the least twice a game and sometimes even more often than that! Yet, somehow, we’ve all learned how to accept those plays as just a part of having a 6’ QB who can STILL put up H of F #’s with his ability to maneuver around in the pocket and create space for himself. Now those Ints. are starting to come and that may be due to aging and some loss of arm strength but I doubt that and also accept that Drew makes up for his mistakes in spades yet they are becoming more annoying to me and that could because it’s hurting our TEAM more often. The fielding of a KO of a ball clearly headed for OOBs so we get the ball at the 40yrd line to make THEM PAY for their Sp. TEAMS MISTAKES? No~! We try and field the ball revealing a complete lack of field awareness or understanding the rules or some form of anxiety which led to just giving us the ball so deep in our own territory there was precious little we could do to over come it, although Our SAINTS are capable of moving the ball from the 2 all the way down to score but there is a limit to the regularity of being forced to do it too many times.

One thing I will say with confidence is that The SAINTS Defense MUST receive accolades for #1 their progress and #2 the systematic method of growth they have displayed as they have evolved and so many guys are showing off their athleticism to accomplish this goal.

Therefore I say? BRING IT ON! The rest of this season could be one heck of a run for Our TEAM as both Tim and Mark seem to be feeding off of one another and supporting one another and there is no drop off as we switch from one to the other as our featured RBs~! Our WRs are excellent and can only grow better as Drew and the whole corps gain confidence and understanding of how to read Defenses and what that will mean going forward~!

In short? GEAUX SAINTS GEAUX~!!!!!!

we just finished the toughest stretch of games. we should have won the "easy ones" to start the season, and finish strong.

I see no reason this team can't win the last 6 games, we don't play many talented teams. We should be favored in most of them. But this team has barely won more than 6 games in each of the past two seasons, let alone in a row down the stretch.

I think we are still in it, but just to be let down in the end. Narrowly miss out on playoffs, too good of a record for an elite draft pick. Happens every year.

Absolutely not. The season is over. The only positive this season is that we're competing and should be way over .500 if not for terrible bounces imo. That's the main difference between the previous 2 seasons. If we don't make noise next season, I.give up on Payton

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom