Bottom Line Question...Can the Saints run the table? (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I'm not quite ready to say the season is over for the Saints but it's obvious there is NO margin for error the rest of the way. I was encouraged how the team fought back in the 2nd half after the Panthers got a huge momentum boost getting a TD after the blocked kick right before halftime. I'll give my reason why I believe the Saints can run the table going forward and why they can't.

The reason why I believe the Saints could indeed run the table and win their last 6 games is because dare I say it, We may be finally seeing the Defense turn it around. They may give up a big run occasionally but I'm not seeing the big mistakes in the secondary like in the past, We're seeing more pressure on the QB, Better 3rd down efficiency(although I believe there is room for improvement) and Points scored against has slowly come down. Getting more turnovers would be nice and it could happen if the Defense continues to play this way. If this team has any shot going forward this trend has to continue so that Drew Brees and the offense can have more opportunities to score more points.

The reason why I believe the Saints will not run the table...Well I have a couple...First off, it's been since 2013 since the Saints have pulled off such a streak. Even with Drew Brees playing his best sometimes fluky things happen that prevent the Saints from winning close games. So far that has held true this season. Blocked kicks, injuries to key players, excruciating penalties, etc. It would take the Saints to play their absolute to pull off such a streak and because of how young they are and the lack of depth at key positions, winning 6 in a row could indeed be a feat too ominous to achieve.

A few things are for sure...I expect the Saints to play very entertaining football down the stretch. If they beat the odds and win their final 6 games they deserve to be in the playoffs. If they don't it will be a huge lesson learned but unfortunately another wasted year of Drew Brees brilliance. It all starts against a team that has been a thorn in their side in recent years with the Rams. No excuses...just execution...Who Dat

No. Field goals and PATs are too important. It's a gamble at best every time Lutz lines up. Meanwhile Dustin Hopkins continues to kill it here in DC

Of course they'll play entertaining football from here on out. They'll win just enough to get our hopes up and then fall short of the playoffs and end up with a 15-20th pick and miss out on that last difference maker everyone wants to draft......... Sorry but tonight's lost has hit hard! I'm usually optimistic but the way this team has totally fell apart on special teams without any attempt to fix change or improve it is beyond frustrating. The worst part is there's so many things to complain about with them, block kicks? Run backs? Catching kick offs on the side line, touch back or no touch back and penalties..... ITS JUST GD INSANE TO ME, these are NFL players and coaches right???? Wth is going on out there!!!!
Ok, off to bed and hopefully tonight was just a bad dream.....

They definitely can run the table.

Most would say that the one game we will probably lose is the Cardinals one. Ok. Makes sense. But they certainly aren't invincible. And the Saints are improving every week. Brees and his receivers, including Fleener, are syncing and our run game is very productive. Teams can't focus on one aspect of our offense. We are a scary team on offense. And our D is not putrid. We are putting pressure on the opposing QB's.

And the Rams? The team who "has our number?" This ain't yesterday's Saints. And the Rams are struggling mightily at QB. We will ram the Rams!

No kidding... The Saints can very realistically run the table the rest of the year.

Absolutely not, I don't think they'll even reach .500.
I think they'll beat Tampa twice and the Rams. Lose to Atlanta, Detroit and Arizona.

Prior to the season I thought they'd win 7 or 8 games. If they got a few bounces then maybe 10. They just haven't been getting the bounces this season.

Can the Saints run the table?

scariest-gifs-see-you-in-your-dreams.gif

Lol! I'm not even gonna waste my time and energy wishing and hoping this team somehow miraculously makes it to the playoffs. I did that the past two seasons and was disappointed each time. It's the 4-4 curse once again and I've learned my lesson not to get too carried away wishing, lol!

I'm not quite ready to say the season is over for the Saints but it's obvious there is NO margin for error the rest of the way. I was encouraged how the team fought back in the 2nd half after the Panthers got a huge momentum boost getting a TD after the blocked kick right before halftime. I'll give my reason why I believe the Saints can run the table going forward and why they can't.

The reason why I believe the Saints could indeed run the table and win their last 6 games is because dare I say it, We may be finally seeing the Defense turn it around. They may give up a big run occasionally but I'm not seeing the big mistakes in the secondary like in the past, We're seeing more pressure on the QB, Better 3rd down efficiency(although I believe there is room for improvement) and Points scored against has slowly come down. Getting more turnovers would be nice and it could happen if the Defense continues to play this way. If this team has any shot going forward this trend has to continue so that Drew Brees and the offense can have more opportunities to score more points.

The reason why I believe the Saints will not run the table...Well I have a couple...First off, it's been since 2013 since the Saints have pulled off such a streak. Even with Drew Brees playing his best sometimes fluky things happen that prevent the Saints from winning close games. So far that has held true this season. Blocked kicks, injuries to key players, excruciating penalties, etc. It would take the Saints to play their absolute to pull off such a streak and because of how young they are and the lack of depth at key positions, winning 6 in a row could indeed be a feat too ominous to achieve.

A few things are for sure...I expect the Saints to play very entertaining football down the stretch. If they beat the odds and win their final 6 games they deserve to be in the playoffs. If they don't it will be a huge lesson learned but unfortunately another wasted year of Drew Brees brilliance. It all starts against a team that has been a thorn in their side in recent years with the Rams. No excuses...just execution...Who Dat

No, and they won't "win out" either. Are you watching this team?

No, this is a 7-9 team. They will fight to the bitter end every game but this team lacks difference makers on both sides of the ball. And Payton's old coach will continue to cost the team games. The more teams concentrate on making ST plays the more they expose just how poorly the Saints ST are coached. Sadly it's been an area of weakness for years but McMahon is Payton's buddy.

Short answer, no!

Long answer, nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom