Boudin Wars - Lake Charles/Sulpher Oct 26 (1 Viewer)

Joe OKC

"Better Days"
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oct 26 in Sulpher... If I was there I would be there.

‘Just for boudin’?

Seems like a damn good reason to me :)

I can't afford driving 3 hours to Sulpher just to buy 10 dollars worth of awesome boudin and then drive back. Onion soup is more important right now. It would take 6 hours just for the trip plus how ever long it took to buy the boudin. I don't want to drive 6 hours total for food.

Last edited:
I can't afford driving 3 hours to Sulpher just to buy 10 dollars worth of awesome boudin and then drive back. Onion soup is more important right now. It would take 6 hours just for the trip plus how ever long it took to buy the boudin. I don't want to drive 6 hours total for food.
Then stock up and spend a rack. Come on man, I live in Colorado and wish I could be 2 hours away from bookoo boudin.

Gonna fire up the smoker here in a little bit... at least my local grocer carries this. Cause I sure do love Boudin...

GUEST_8ee8068a-3d44-4580-97bc-da71570224a5

In Lake Charles, the best boudin is at Market Basket on Lake and University. Bar none. Better than Abe's. Better than any place in LC and Sulphur. And actually better than Don's outside of Lafayette.

Each Market Basket has a different 'boudin chef' and you can request a particular location if you are ordering from their site online.

I have about two dozen links from the trip this summer and running out too quickly

Wish I was there for this :(

But Richard's? No way. It's awful compared to Market Basket. I am actually not sure if it's better than nothing.

I'm officially taking donations of boudin. :hihi:

So, there's a guy up here who works for the Canadian Football League in their front office.

He played Center for McNeese.

I got in touch with him - he's not too far away. When he learned I was headed back to Lake Charles for the summer, he had two requests: boudin and a Darrell's po-boy.

I can get him the boudin. If a Darrell's po-boy were able to make the trip, no way would he even get a bite :D

but I bring up about 5 dozen links and vaccuum seal and freeze when I get back here and it lasts me almost the year.

So, there's a guy up here who works for the Canadian Football League in their front office.

He played Center for McNeese.

I got in touch with him - he's not too far away. When he learned I was headed back to Lake Charles for the summer, he had two requests: boudin and a Darrell's po-boy.

I can get him the boudin. If a Darrell's po-boy were able to make the trip, no way would he even get a bite :D

but I bring up about 5 dozen links and vaccuum seal and freeze when I get back here and it lasts me almost the year.

So it sounds like you're capable of donating to the needy. :unsure:

It's not boudin but my brother is smoking a brisket right now. It'll have to do.

A smoked brisket is a worthy second choice. Truly.

but if joe and I can agree on boudin and we can’t agree on virtually anything else, boudin reigns supreme.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom