Boudin Wars - Lake Charles/Sulpher Oct 26 (1 Viewer)

Gonna fire up the smoker here in a little bit... at least my local grocer carries this. Cause I sure do love Boudin...

GUEST_8ee8068a-3d44-4580-97bc-da71570224a5

Dude, That is NOT Real boudin.

You should try one of these places. They are 2 of the better places in south central Louisiana. I think they ship it to you raw and frozen. All you'd have to do is defrost and boil for a few minutes.

https://tboysboudin.com/

You're Welcome !!

but if joe and I can agree on boudin and we can’t agree on virtually anything else, boudin reigns supreme.

We'd agree on a whole lot more if you just saw things my way...:grin:

But Richard's? No way. It's awful compared to Market Basket. I am actually not sure if it's better than nothing.

See.. can't even agree on Boudin... lol :banghead:

Sheez guys... I live in Middle Oklahoma.. the only Boudin that I can get is Richard's, Manda's and Zummo's from the grocery store... and Zummo's is the worst crap that I ever ate in my life... I opened my last package and it smelled like sheet.. and I mean sheet... so I threw it out.

Now Best Stop.... That's some serious Boudin.

20101027-beststop-500.jpg

Last edited:
This. Best Stop is the best boudin, IMO.

Love the cracklins, and the boudin is good. Not best, imo, but really good.

Their cracklins blow Don's out of the water. Don's cracklins last time were such a disappointment.

This is my go to "store bought" boudin that I can find regularly. It beats the hell out of Richard's and Manda and whatnot, but still no comparison to places like Billy's, T-Boy's, and NuNu's.

Boudin_LeBlancs5.jpg

I would have loved to have gone to this, but awful CBS is making LSU play at 2:30 that day.

Not eating that crap. Left over sticky rice and pork byproducts = YUCK.

In Lake Charles, the best boudin is at Market Basket on Lake and University. Bar none. Better than Abe's. Better than any place in LC and Sulphur. And actually better than Don's outside of Lafayette.

Each Market Basket has a different 'boudin chef' and you can request a particular location if you are ordering from their site online.

I have about two dozen links from the trip this summer and running out too quickly

Wish I was there for this :(

But Richard's? No way. It's awful compared to Market Basket. I am actually not sure if it's better than nothing.

Bite your tongue, there is no such thing!!!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom