Boudreaux Cajun Archaeologist (1 Viewer)

Cajun Mike

In Da Parish
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
After having dug to a depth of 10 feet last year, <st1>
<st1:state w:st="on">New York</st1:state></st1> scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 100 years and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network more than 100 years ago.

Not to be outdone by the New Yorkers, in the weeks that followed, California scientists dug to a depth of 20 feet, and shortly after, headlines in the LA Times newspaper read: 'California archaeologists have found traces of 200 year old copper wire and have concluded that their ancestors already had an advanced high-tech communications network a hundred years earlier than the New Yorkers.'

One week later, 'The Daily Advertiser', a local newspaper in <st1><st1:city w:st="on">Lafayette</st1:city></st1>, reported the following:
'After digging as deep as 30 feet in rice fields near <st1><st1>Forked</st1><st1> Island</st1></st1>, Boudreaux, a self-taught archaeologist, reported that he found absolutely nothing. Boudreaux has therefore concluded that 300 years ago, <st1><st1:state w:st="on">Louisiana</st1:state></st1> had already gone wireless.'

There was an old, old Mad Magazine page about archaeologists in the future digging up a frat house. They wrongly concluded it was a temple of some sort.

They found a skeleton with its head stuck in a toilet and concluded that the toilet seat was some kind of elaborate ritual necklace.

They found another skeleton with a beer tap stuck in its jaws and concluded it was some form of musical instrument.

They found a pile of skeletons in a room with a Twister game on the floor and several empty jugs of Mazola Oil and concluded this was some bizarre form of mass suicide to appease the gods.

Mad Magazine...the reason why my youth was misspent and I became what I am today! ;)

Mad Magazine rocked.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom