Bought a new pig hunting gun today. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Det. Brees

Det. Brees

E tan e epi tas
Reaction score
Wow. I've always wanted to get an AR-10 Chambered in .308 for big game hunting. Really good platform to use in the woods and can take a beating. Heading out west for Elk hunting next season and a bear hunting trip in a few years. I've been pricing them and found several for around $700. Looks like I'll be picking one up in a month or so. I have to find good glass for it to make those long range shots out West.

xardoz

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Wow. I've always wanted to get an AR-10 Chambered in .308 for big game hunting. Really good platform to use in the woods and can take a beating. Heading out west for Elk hunting next season and a bear hunting trip in a few years. I've been pricing them and found several for around $700. Looks like I'll be picking one up in a month or so. I have to find good glass for it to make those long range shots out West.
I have a co-worker who uses an AR-10 for deer on a regular basis. He has culled some very nice deer with it. When it comes to Elk, I still prefer my Remmington 700 .338 Winchester.

The only thing I have harvested with my AR-10's are some pop cans, paper and a coyote.

onanygivensunday

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
For the money, you can't beat a Burris Fullfield II 3-9X scope for $199.

Before I purchased I compared the brightness of the scope against Leupold scopes costing more than twice as much and the Burris won hands down.

I hunt elk here in WA state and have also hunted elk in OR. I shoot a Browning A-Bolt II with BOSS in .300 WSM and love the combination with the Burris scope... lightweight, rugged and accurate out to 400 yards.

soggymoss

Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Nice!!

Earlier this year as a b-day present to myself I purchased a Noveske 300 blackout for the same purpose.. Unfortunately work has had me tied up since and I haven't had a chance to go yet

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I just picked up a Ruger American in .450 Bushmaster. No pig hunting up here, but I'm willing to bet it would stop a hog, or a car...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Saints Headlines (The Advocate)

Headlines

Top Bottom