Bought a new pig hunting gun today. (1 Viewer)

Wow. I've always wanted to get an AR-10 Chambered in .308 for big game hunting. Really good platform to use in the woods and can take a beating. Heading out west for Elk hunting next season and a bear hunting trip in a few years. I've been pricing them and found several for around $700. Looks like I'll be picking one up in a month or so. I have to find good glass for it to make those long range shots out West.

Wow. I've always wanted to get an AR-10 Chambered in .308 for big game hunting. Really good platform to use in the woods and can take a beating. Heading out west for Elk hunting next season and a bear hunting trip in a few years. I've been pricing them and found several for around $700. Looks like I'll be picking one up in a month or so. I have to find good glass for it to make those long range shots out West.

I have a co-worker who uses an AR-10 for deer on a regular basis. He has culled some very nice deer with it. When it comes to Elk, I still prefer my Remmington 700 .338 Winchester.

The only thing I have harvested with my AR-10's are some pop cans, paper and a coyote.

For the money, you can't beat a Burris Fullfield II 3-9X scope for $199.

Before I purchased I compared the brightness of the scope against Leupold scopes costing more than twice as much and the Burris won hands down.

I hunt elk here in WA state and have also hunted elk in OR. I shoot a Browning A-Bolt II with BOSS in .300 WSM and love the combination with the Burris scope... lightweight, rugged and accurate out to 400 yards.

Nice!!

Earlier this year as a b-day present to myself I purchased a Noveske 300 blackout for the same purpose.. Unfortunately work has had me tied up since and I haven't had a chance to go yet

I just picked up a Ruger American in .450 Bushmaster. No pig hunting up here, but I'm willing to bet it would stop a hog, or a car...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom