Question Bought a single seat season ticket. When selling, how much does price fluctuate? How far in advance of the game is the best time to sell? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
As the subject says, I've been on the waiting list for years, finally got a call, and was offered a single seat season ticket. It's in the nosebleed visitor section but they said that season ticket holders get first priority on tickets so I'd have a good chance at getting a pair of better seats next year.

First off, is this true? Or am I going to have to keep this single ticket for the next few years before I can get a pair next to each other? The cost was around $850 and I'll be lucky if I can get $750 selling the tickets individually.

Secondly, for those that sell their tickets, how much does the price fluctuate? When is the best time to list them for sale? I went ahead and put them up for sale the day after I got them judging the price by looking at other people in my section. One ticket sold yesterday and it looks like the price of the seats in my section increased a fair bit so I guess someone bought my ticket cheap to resell for some profit. Is there a way to get SeatGeek to alert you if ticket prices go up or down by 10% so you know to adjust your price?

I am just trying to ensure I'm making the right decisions. My goal is to have two decent season ticket seats next to each other for my wife and I to enjoy games. If I have to wait a few more years and deal with selling a ticket I can't really use that's fine but if I'm on the wrong path I'd rather fix it now than waste time and money.

As the subject says, I've been on the waiting list for years, finally got a call, and was offered a single seat season ticket. It's in the nosebleed visitor section but they said that season ticket holders get first priority on tickets so I'd have a good chance at getting a pair of better seats next year.

First off, is this true? Or am I going to have to keep this single ticket for the next few years before I can get a pair next to each other? The cost was around $850 and I'll be lucky if I can get $750 selling the tickets individually.

Secondly, for those that sell their tickets, how much does the price fluctuate? When is the best time to list them for sale? I went ahead and put them up for sale the day after I got them judging the price by looking at other people in my section. One ticket sold yesterday and it looks like the price of the seats in my section increased a fair bit so I guess someone bought my ticket cheap to resell for some profit. Is there a way to get SeatGeek to alert you if ticket prices go up or down by 10% so you know to adjust your price?

I am just trying to ensure I'm making the right decisions. My goal is to have two decent season ticket seats next to each other for my wife and I to enjoy games. If I have to wait a few more years and deal with selling a ticket I can't really use that's fine but if I'm on the wrong path I'd rather fix it now than waste time and money.
It took several seasons before I was able to add a second seat in a reasonable section, but that was only because of the drop-off this year and I made sure I constantly informed the ticket rep that I wanted the seat next to me as I knew that person wasn't returning this season. If we're successful this year, we might not have the drop-off in STHs as we had the end of last season. My advice... keep in contact with the ticket office as the end of the season nears. That way, after that first payment deadline, you'll have the ear of someone who won't just try to give you two seats in the club.

As far as selling, I have always had difficulty selling my one seat, even below what was being posted on Ticket Exchange. Most folks who are looking to by are looking for two or more seats, preferably together.

From my experience, when the team is good, putting it on sale the week of works best.
During the 7-9 seasons, it depended on the team. Cowboys, Steelers, Niners, Packers commanded top dollar.

If you aren't going to use it, I would try to get your money back as soon as possible. I would imagine one terrace ticket is very difficult to sell. I skipped last season because I'm not local and my dad (who goes with me) had knee surgery and couldn't do the steps. I did good on the Bucs game. Got a little more than my money back on the Falcons and Panthers. Every other game I lost money..in some cases big money...even the Cowboys game lost money. If we are rolling you might do well. But my experience having to sell them individually during a 9-8 season was not good.

A lot of tickets were available this past offseason. I traded in my aisle seats I've had since 2006 for ones in the middle of a row that don't require any steps. I don't remember if there was an option to add more seats or not. I did a 2-2 swap.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the resell market for the NFL is not great. I had seats in the terrace, which is one of the more coveted areas for folks buying tickets - due to affordability.

However my seats were actually at the 50 yd line, lower terrace - so they cost a slight premium higher than the mid-to-upper level terrace seats. In the times I had to sell, I very rarely recouped my costs after about 2016. Even when the team was good and their opponent was marquee, I was often selling for below face and often significantly below face. I also had a couple of times where I lowered my tickets to the lowest price allowed on SeatGeek and they did not sell. Crazy, right?

Anyway, as I mentioned the resale market it down across the league and to exacerbate that, we are on the cusp of a recession which will no doubt reduce discretionary spending for many folks out there.

I do wonder if perhaps my situation was an anomaly. I was technically in the terrace, but due to the seats being in lower level and the premium, the face value was double that of similar (only 5-10 rows higher) seats that were significantly cheaper.

The fact that you have a terrace seat is good as it is again one of the most desirable levels of the dome. Where you will struggle is the fact that it is a single and those can be more challenging to sell.

SeatGeek used to offer a comparison on the app that showed you what a similar seat sold for and how recently. It was very helpful for pricing wisely. However, I haven’t seen that feature in a couple of season. You basically have to watch the other listings and make a decision that way.

We typically average the prices of our section and post them for that when we sell them. It’s easier to sell tickets when the Saints are playing good or if the opponent is ATL, DAL or any other marquee matchup. I would put them up for sale the Monday before the game and have the price set to descending until game day

You should have a better chance at moving to a more desirable location next year. This offseason there were more seats than I can recall in the past 5 years. Obviously if we have a crazy good season I think those odds may go down, but I still think you have a good shot.

Thread Jack, where’s the ticket exchange section of the forum at??? Over for the raiders game and need to start begging and pleading.

Last edited:
Get to know the people in your section and tell them you situation. Exchange phone numbers. Of all the people sitting around you, very likely one group will have an extra seat most weeks and would be happy for you to have it rather than trying to sell a single ticket and have it fall in the hands of a visiting fan.

So this is really weird, but my seats for the Bucs game just sold at 12:36 pm, over half an hour after the start of the game…. I know they were still available til that time, b/c i just so happened to check Seatgeek and Ticketmaster at 12:35 and then was just resigned to them not selling, then got the email that they had sold a couple minutes later…. I wasnt trying to make any money, just recoup some of my costs since i live out of state.. i had them listed at around face value (tbh im not sure what face value is per gamer this year or if it fluctuates) and im really relived that they sold .. will see how it goes in a few wks vs Seattle, but for this game i cant figure out why anyone would wait until the 2nd quarter of the game to purchase tickets, but whatever.. and ill echo the thoughts of others that the resale market has been really, really soft even prior to the pandemic .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom