Bought my first climbing stand today! (1 Viewer)

Krodwhodat

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
After all the research and reviews, I chose the Summit crush series viper SD. It was very easy to put together and climbed my first practice tree. A lot easier than I thought and is going to make my 1000 acre lease a lot more easy to hunt. No more sitting in stands for me!!

What do you guys use?

I have a Viper SD as well. Very comfortable stand, try not to fall asleep. I'm actually going to switch to a Lone Wolf next year. It isn't as comfortable, but it is smaller and lighter. Costs a bit more but I have friends that have used them for years and love them. Now let's talk about this 1000 acres... I can't seem to find it on google earth, what's that address again??? LOL

I have a Viper SD as well. Very comfortable stand, try not to fall asleep. I'm actually going to switch to a Lone Wolf next year. It isn't as comfortable, but it is smaller and lighter. Costs a bit more but I have friends that have used them for years and love them. Now let's talk about this 1000 acres... I can't seem to find it on google earth, what's that address again??? LOL

Lol! I grew up hunting but after college quit. Last year sitting around drinking beer with a bunch of neighbors we started talking about it and said lets do it. So 8 of us committed and bid on a lease at a timber property. We got it in June. Now here is the kicker. 4 of them have never seen the property. They did it just to say they have one! Lol. There are deer, pigs and turkey. Tracks everywhere and it's been hunted 3 times this year. I did 2 of them.

It's harder than they thought getting it ready. They were picturing guided hunt type of place and realized food plots and stands don't grow themselves. Trailer is supposed to be delivered this weekend and I'm suppose to be on my way there now but raining like crazy right now. Headed out tomorrow AM around 3:30.

Have 5 food plots with no shot further than 80 yards and a power line running through about 2000 yards long. Me and one of the other guys are the only ones who have actually walked the 1000 acres. I guess being cav scouts we enjoyed it. The other 2 that have been there have seen about 150 acres from their truck!

Hell no I'm not complaining!!

I want to get a crossbow or bow for Christmas because a buddy told me once you hunt with one you can sell your rifle. Which one do you recommend?

I have a lone wolf hand climber. The vipers are nice stands though....looked at them before buying mine but wanted a more low profile lighter stand. I have a few buddies that have viper sd's. I've used theirs a few times and like I say.....nice stand. I use mine as a scouting tool usually to hunt new places. If I find a place I feel I'm going to hunt a lot I'll put a hang on stand there because it sucks to get out of bed, hike for an hour, then have to climb a tree. Much easier to have that hang on waiting for me. :D

I do gun hunt but mostly bow. Once you bow hunt and especially kill your first with a bow you'll be addicted for life. I actually just replaced my 20+ year old bow this week. We bought my son a diamond infinite edge for xmas. When he got here I checked it out and liked it so much I ordered me one. :D Can't beat it for $300. Very adjustable so a great beginners bow but the only bow you'll ever need because it goes up to a 30" draw length and 70lb draw weight. All without having to put it in a press. You can even put a peep sight in it without pressing the bow.

I have a lone wolf hand climber. The vipers are nice stands though....looked at them before buying mine but wanted a more low profile lighter stand. I have a few buddies that have viper sd's. I've used theirs a few times and like I say.....nice stand. I use mine as a scouting tool usually to hunt new places. If I find a place I feel I'm going to hunt a lot I'll put a hang on stand there because it sucks to get out of bed, hike for an hour, then have to climb a tree. Much easier to have that hang on waiting for me. :D

I do gun hunt but mostly bow. Once you bow hunt and especially kill your first with a bow you'll be addicted for life. I actually just replaced my 20+ year old bow this week. We bought my son a diamond infinite edge for xmas. When he got here I checked it out and liked it so much I ordered me one. :D Can't beat it for $300. Very adjustable so a great beginners bow but the only bow you'll ever need because it goes up to a 30" draw length and 70lb draw weight. All without having to put it in a press. You can even put a peep sight in it without pressing the bow.

That's a good price. My son is 9 and wants a bow. I'm going to look into them! Thanks!

I want to get a crossbow or bow for Christmas because a buddy told me once you hunt with one you can sell your rifle. Which one do you recommend?

I have a bow. Sold my slug gun and my rifle this year.

I want to pick one up, I have a stand now, but it's semi-permanent. I'd like a little more mobility next season.
I live out in the sticks, so I just hunt on my own property. I've heard too many headaches with hunting leases and the cost is pretty high. I'd like to join a club, but I can't justify the cost at this point in time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom