Bounty debate on a bills board (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
As ive mentioned here before, I grew up near buffalo and still follow the team - it seems theyve had some interesting discussion including what appears to be one of our own trying to fight the good fight.

it seems to be a group that is generally less hostile, but certainly not up to speed on the details beyond the espn reports.... i was just debating joining to have some friendly banter and thank the good ones.

this is just one of a few threads on there, but i thought that people would be interested in checking it out since its the current issues

Bountygate turns litigate - Buffalo Bills Forums - Page 2

some other recent ones:
Tough spot for Goddell - Buffalo Bills Forums

They use the same tired "but if the coaches aren't fighting it, it must be true!" argument; the same "man up and take it" point; the same taking things out of context or even completely misrepresenting (i.e., stating Hargrove testified that he "can lie with the best of them" when he did no such thing; an anonymous source said he overheard Hargrove say that, and Vitt has denied it was said).

They use the same tired "but if the coaches aren't fighting it, it must be true!" argument; the same "man up and take it" point; the same taking things out of context or even completely misrepresenting (i.e., stating Hargrove testified that he "can lie with the best of them" when he did no such thing; an anonymous source said he overheard Hargrove say that, and Vitt has denied it was said).

indeed they do - but when thats all you hear on espn - id imagine you start to fall into that. its amazing how off base some of the espn claims ive heard are, and id be none the wiser if not paying attention to the story closely.

part of why i was thinking of joining the discussion (that and its not as belligerent as on some boards ive seen).

Fact everyone misses about the coaches is they have incentive to keep quiet. They are both young and have long careers ahead of them. If they mess with dictator goodell he could take their careers away by never reinstating them or blackballing them to the owners.

The players on the other hand, Vilma specifically, have incentive to fight since their careers are finite. Any lost paycheck is a lost.paycheck they can't make up by playing football.

Now vitt is a little different since his career is in its twilight and his suspension is defined. He can speak out as if his suspension is extended it will be perceived the reason was his displeasure fpr the punishment only.

When you read what other fans think about "bountygate", it's pretty clear the media can make people believe absolutely anything they want them to.

They probably even learned a trick or two from this whole ordeal.

FWIW, the consensus in Philadelphia pretty much from day 1 was this was all a pile of ********. And most of these guys LOVE Brees, BTW. He's very well respected up here.

These fans can be rough, but they're pretty smart, too.

I wish we could raise enough money to put all the facts and the lies together and buy full page ads in major Sunday newspapers. Get the truth out.
Rotten dogs.

Last edited:
FWIW, the consensus in Philadelphia pretty much from day 1 was this was all a pile of ********. And most of these guys LOVE Brees, BTW. He's very well respected up here.

These fans can be rough, but they're pretty smart, too.

Well don't waste your time with Patriots' fans. I am convinced that they have been beaten down for so long that they need for the Saints to take the heat off of them.

Well don't waste your time with Patriots' fans. I am convinced that they have been beaten down for so long that they need for the Saints to take the heat off of them.

Actually, i would expect them to feel for us since they went through a similar situation

Actually, i would expect them to feel for us since they went through a similar situation

That's what I thought as well. In reality, they want a little company to go with their misery. Well, I think what they are really hoping is that people will just focus on us exclusively and leave them alone. Short of that, they want to be able to point their fingers at us and claim that:

1. What their team was nothing by comparison, and;

2. At least their team "manned up" and accepted responsibility. (don't bother telling them BB actually tried to claim that he did not know he was breaking the rules, because they don't remember that at all.)

I wish we could raise enough money to put all the facts and the lies together and buy full page ads in major Sunday newspapers. Get the truth out.
Rotten dogs.

I thought the same thing...

One guy on this forum did a great job of summarizing the accusations, contradictions, misrepresentations and such....

I thought that would be a great thing to place in the sports sections of some major news papers...

I got $20 on it if someone organizes it!!!!

When you read what other fans think about "bountygate", it's pretty clear the media can make people believe absolutely anything they want them to.

They probably even learned a trick or two from this whole ordeal.

I been knowing this for a long time and to a degree not ever listen to the media or at least take them seriously.

I liked this one part on the Bills board though.

"I lost all a lot of respect for Goddell when he destroyed the Patriots video tape evidence. Yes he hit them fairly hard but he protected his buddy Roger Kraft and the Patriots from looking even worse. I suspect there was a lot more to that story and it probably included some evidence that the cheating worked. Just think they played 3 teams twice a year and for many years they played the same team in consecutive years. My bet is they were successfully stealing signals and they had proof it affected outcomes of games. And if you want to be really cynical and sinister maybe he did it because affecting the outcomes of games doesn't go over too well with guys in bad Italian suits from Vegas... Just sayin...

This is what has me scratching my head and the post makes sense, I kind of believe the evidence was destroyed because the Patriots is an NFL cash cow, how much you want to bet if this bounty scandal happened with a team like the Redskins, Cowboys, Patriots, or some other big market team that it all would of been swept under the rug or the penalties handed down would be very minimal like in spygate?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom