Bountygate vs. Broncos blocked extra point (1 Viewer)

syracuse saint

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't intend to re-hash Bountygate and debate whether the Saints did it or not. But last night, I was thinking about how much trouble we got into for allegedly our involvement with Bountygate, which, even if guilty was not against any written rule, nor was it cheating or gaining unfair advantage.

While we all argue whether he stepped out of bounds or not, we fail to see what actually must of transpired for the Broncos to adopt and choose such a play call.

Are we to believe that play was somehow by chance, or a serendipitous alignment of players acting by coincidence? Think about what must have taken place for that play to be successful. For that play to have worked, like it did yesterday, this means that the coaching staff must have been aware that they would put an illegal play in their special teams playbook, practiced it dozens of times and actually called the illegal play during a live game. This is pre-meditated play design cheating, pre-meditated practicing cheating, then consciously calling the illegal play to gain benefit.

Somehow, I think that many lose sight at what must have actually taken place to put us in a position to be arguing the semantics of their cheating or bad officiating. Coach Kubiak should be ashamed of what he did to win the game and Roger Goodell should give some thought to what actually happened yesterday. This is consciously cheating, no different than spy-gate, deflategate and should be treated as such. Again, we can debate the inept officiating until the cows come home, but, the bigger message is what is the NFL going to do to address the 1st degree, pre-meditated cheating that took place inside the Superdome yesterday?

Sorry for the long post.

I don't intend to re-hash Bountygate and debate whether the Saints did it or not. But last night, I was thinking about how much trouble we got into for allegedly our involvement with Bountygate, which, even if guilty was not against any written rule, nor was it cheating or gaining unfair advantage.

While we all argue whether he stepped out of bounds or not, we fail to see what actually must of transpired for the Broncos to adopt and choose such a play call.

Are we to believe that play was somehow by chance, or a serendipitous alignment of players acting by coincidence? Think about what must have taken place for that play to be successful. For that play to have worked, like it did yesterday, this means that the coaching staff must have been aware that they would put an illegal play in their special teams playbook, practiced it dozens of times and actually called the illegal play during a live game. This is pre-meditated play design cheating, pre-meditated practicing cheating, then consciously calling the illegal play to gain benefit.

Somehow, I think that many lose sight at what must have actually taken place to put us in a position to be arguing the semantics of their cheating or bad officiating. Coach Kubiak should be ashamed of what he did to win the game and Roger Goodell should give some thought to what actually happened yesterday. This is consciously cheating, no different than spy-gate, deflategate and should be treated as such. Again, we can debate the inept officiating until the cows come home, but, the bigger message is what is the NFL going to do to address the 1st degree, pre-meditated cheating that took place inside the Superdome yesterday?

Sorry for the long post.

Not sure about your point? The strategy has had attention drawn to it since as recently as it was used against Arizona. Every point of contention except for the out of bounds call was discussed as far as what was legal, etc. including in the outside media. Of course people are going to use it.

wow this has gotten utterly ridiculous

the play was legal, the broncos sniffed out our snap count (thanks McMahon) and timed it perfectly, by the time the jumper was over the line, Drescher could do absolutely nothing about it.

wow this has gotten utterly ridiculous

the play was legal, the broncos sniffed out our snap count (thanks McMahon) and timed it perfectly, by the time the jumper was over the line, Drescher could do absolutely nothing about it.

You are incorrect. The success of the entire play hinges on pulling the long snapper down. Without that, he isnt jumping the entire line. When you base the success of an entire play on how well you execute a penalty, and practice it tgat way, its called cheating.

So, if we play poker and my first move is to hide some aces under my leg, you are good with that? I can still win? If so, deal me in. Thats dopey.

I do not admire the way they won...not at all

While you are correct, they must have practiced it, and that is cheating. However, these actions directly affects the credibility of the officials. Which, the the officials are being highly criticized by most fan bases, more so now, than ever. Bountygate didn't technically bring the credibility of officials into the equation. Goodell will protect the integrity of his officials and sweep this under the rug. Especially since WE (poster children of bountygate) were negatively affected by this. Just my $.02

Sorry for the long post.

On PTI this afternoon, not one mention of the holding down of the o-linemen helmets!

Nor an honest discussion of the player stepping OB!

Basically, all clapping in applause of what an exciting play and how clever the Bronco's are!

All day long on ESPN there was never a word said against the illegal holding down of the linemen's helmets!

On PTI this afternoon, not one mention of the holding down of the o-linemen helmets!

Basically, all clapping in applause of what an exciting play and how clever the Bronco's are!

All day long on ESPN there was never a word said against the illegal holding down of the linemen's helmets!

That's why I crack up when I see people expecting an apology from the NFL. Clearly, they are unaware that the NFL has an agenda.

For anyone that doubts me, just re-watch the game and focus only on Cam Jordan on defense. He was held on every single play right in front of head ref without one holding call. This group of refs is the NFL's hatchet group who makes it come out the way the NFL needs it to.

If you can watch the NFL with the same regard as WWE, you will be fine and not get agitated, but if you have some kind of belief that it's legit, you will give yourself a heart attack. Just look at the pix of the refs watching the penalties and cheating without making a call. Remind you of pro-wrestling?

You are incorrect. The success of the entire play hinges on pulling the long snapper down. Without that, he isnt jumping the entire line. When you base the success of an entire play on how well you execute a penalty, and practice it tgat way, its called cheating.

So, if we play poker and my first move is to hide some aces under my leg, you are good with that? I can still win? If so, deal me in. Thats dopey.

Blandino said pushing down the center was legal. Possibly illegal if he was grabbed by the back of the helmet, but there hasn't been a conclusive replay that proves that did happen.

Truly there is a simple fix to this problem - Mix up the snap count and gain 5 yards.

He was not pulled down, he was push downward, which is legal.

Blandino said pushing down the center was legal. Possibly illegal if he was grabbed by the back of the helmet, but there hasn't been a conclusive replay that proves that did happen.

Truly there is a simple fix to this problem - Mix up the snap count and gain 5 yards.

You are doing it wrong. You are not allowed to use logic in an argument on this board.

It was a legal play, this has been stated by several officials

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom