Bourbon Street shooting quickly making National News (1 Viewer)

You're acting like this has never happened before...

True, but now it seems to be more common and in the QTR. Want to get shot? Go to Mardi Gras! Should we really be saying this now? Drunk people never pulled out guns back in the day. If anything they used fists.

In recent years, shootings in the FQ just seem more frequent. This latest shooting is currently running as a story at the bottom of the home page of the New York Times website.

I am at a loss on how to substantially reduce violent crime in the city.

True, but now it seems to be more common and in the QTR. Want to get shot? Go to Mardi Gras! Should we really be saying this now? Drunk people never pulled out guns back in the day. If anything they used fists.

Hate to break it to you but people have always pulled guns on people its just now the media reports it more.

I'd expect to see more of it in and around the qtr but somehow they've got it fairly well covered.
I'm still not about to be in that number after a certain hour at this time of year.

I am sure there were shootings in most major cities yesterday. The fact that it was Mardi Gras is why the story is relevant.

Murder has existed ever since the dawn of man. Yes, even before the existence of guns, knives, swords, and other weapons, there were murders. Until there are no more people, there will likely be murder.

The media uses stories for ratings. The bigger the event, the better the story, and the better the ratings. If the same thing would have happened next weekend, it would probably not get this much attention.

It was one idiot in a crowd with a gun. Have you seen the video of it? There's no way it could've been prevented by the police short of metal detectors to get into the quarter.

Fraternity guy from out of town mouthed off, thug decided to shoot back is the summary I heard and it matches the tape.

Saw a facebook post of someone who was right next to the victims. Apparently the young guy bumped into the thug, the thug then punched him in the stomach a couple of times and then started shooting. Sad.

I am at a loss on how to substantially reduce violent crime in the city.

Eradicate poverty, eliminate the financial benefit of the drug trade, and instruct people that human life has inherent value and isn't something to be casually taken away because you were "disrespected," in the wrong place at the wrong time, have the wrong friends, or are from the wrong neighborhood.

So, ya know, you can't.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom