Bourbon Street shooting quickly making National News (1 Viewer)

It was one idiot in a crowd with a gun. Have you seen the video of it? There's no way it could've been prevented by the police short of metal detectors to get into the quarter.

Fraternity guy from out of town mouthed off, thug decided to shoot back is the summary I heard and it matches the tape.

Story changing buddy. Anyway petty sad society has come to this, that shooting someone is a way of life.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/aSOVf54500U

Take it for what you will - I wasn't there and the videos a bit tough to make calls from but I heard near the same story from a few places. The summary I heard was the victim was upset with the shooter over something, made a comment that he and his fraternity brothers were going to rough him up and the guy decided to pull the gun over the perceived disrespect.

Regardless, not a ton you can do if a guy is that ready to shoot. It was only a matter of who and when if he's going to pop off that easily.

Quarter as a whole is still generally pretty safe though if you know to avoid trouble and walk away from situations before they even turn into a situation (whether your involved or just a bystander that sees something starting - walk away, quickly)

Take it for what you will - I wasn't there and the videos a bit tough to make calls from but I heard near the same story from a few places. The summary I heard was the victim was upset with the shooter over something, made a comment that he and his fraternity brothers were going to rough him up and the guy decided to pull the gun over the perceived disrespect.

Kind of a crappy way to be reminded that life isn't an 80's movie and no one anywhere on the face of the planet is scared of a frat boy and his bros, but yeah...if you act like an ******* bad things eventually happen to you.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/aSOVf54500U

Regardless, not a ton you can do if a guy is that ready to shoot. It was only a matter of who and when if he's going to pop off that easily.

Quarter as a whole is still generally pretty safe though if you know to avoid trouble and walk away from situations before they even turn into a situation (whether your involved or just a bystander that sees something starting - walk away, quickly)

Wow, really hard to tell why he started shooting because it was so crowded. Looks like plenty of witnesses too. I will agree with you it was over some sort of disagreement. Looks like in the beginning of video he was pushing his boy away.

Story changing buddy. Anyway petty sad society has come to this, that shooting someone is a way of life.

Unfortunately, there are too many people out there that have no respect for the lives of others. Whatever was going on, it wasn't a reason to start shooting.

Wow, really hard to tell why he started shooting because it was so crowded. Looks like plenty of witnesses too. I will agree with you it was over some sort of disagreement. Looks like in the beginning of video he was pushing his boy away.

It seems to be the standard story for FQ shootings lately.... Shooter mouths off or does something disrespectful, victim responds, shooter shoots them for talking back. The bartender shot cause some guys messed with his car at an intersection and he said something, the marine defending his wife from the guys yelling at her getting stabbed.... Occassionally you'll get the locals fighting outside Chris Owens.... It's pretty rare that someone is shot totally randomly in the quarter (say a robbery gone wrong or random act of violence). I feel pretty safe there, but I lived in the quarter for 2 years and a few blocks outside for 3 more and counting. The news articles are intimidating but if you know a handful of basic tips and tricks its easy to avoid trouble.

Hopefully people reading can take the lesson that if someone bumps them or says something abut their girlfriend - they will just walk away.

It seems to be the standard story for FQ shootings lately.... Shooter mouths off or does something disrespectful, victim responds, shooter shoots them for talking back. The bartender shot cause some guys messed with his car at an intersection and he said something, the marine defending his wife from the guys yelling at her getting stabbed.... Occassionally you'll get the locals fighting outside Chris Owens.... It's pretty rare that someone is shot totally randomly in the quarter (say a robbery gone wrong or random act of violence). I feel pretty safe there, but I lived in the quarter for 2 years and a few blocks outside for 3 more and counting. The news articles are intimidating but if you know a handful of basic tips and tricks its easy to avoid trouble.

Hopefully people reading can take the lesson that if someone bumps them or says something abut their girlfriend - they will just walk away.

So basically mind your own business and have fun and you will be fine. If someone mouths off to you don't act like a bad *** in front of your friends, just walk away. There are too many thugs with guns with something to prove.

So basically mind your own business and have fun and you will be fine. If someone mouths off to you don't act like a bad *** in front of your friends, just walk away. There are too many thugs with guns with something to prove.

And what steps in the gun laws did said thug follow to get said gun?

Just sayin that more gun laws won;t stop crime... Just more Good guys with guns...

Joe

And what steps in the gun laws did said thug follow to get said gun?

Just sayin that more gun laws won;t stop crime... Just more Good guys with guns...

Joe

Might be history with y'all I don't know but too many thugs with guns is not a terrible assessment what's going on. He didnt cry for taking your gun away here. Bourbon should be gun free as essentially a large open air bar though.

Unfortunately, there are too many people out there that have no respect for the lives of others. Whatever was going on, it wasn't a reason to start shooting.

It's not like someone 'all of a sudden' decided others' lives were squat - it comes from growing up in an environment were its made abundantly clear that you are WAY down on the list of things society gives a **** about

It's not like someone 'all of a sudden' decided others' lives were squat - it comes from growing up in an environment were its made abundantly clear that you are WAY down on the list of things society gives a **** about

That's still no excuse.

I'm pretty sure society really doesn't care about me either...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom