Bowl Games (1 Viewer)

Oh well, good game. Utah did what they could.
I respect the hell out of Whittingham, he has been at Utah since 94, head coach since 2004. Given his success there you just know he has had overtures for prominient programs, but he has stayed put.

Kirk Ferentz at Iowa is similar but he is in a larger conference, paid better, and if everything rolled right could sniff the CFP.

Find myself hoping Campbell at Iowa St does the same. It seems like they want to build something and see it last. Even if they never sniff a championship, building a programs history for someone else to build on after is a bigger accomplishment for them.

Big10 6-4 in bowl games. Glad to see my Terps pick up a W for the first time in too long. I wish they were still in the ACC though. The regional rivalries were much better than the Big 10. Maryland/Indiana?? :jpshakehead:

Big10 6-4 in bowl games. Glad to see my Terps pick up a W for the first time in too long. I wish they were still in the ACC though. The regional rivalries were much better than the Big 10. Maryland/Indiana?? :jpshakehead:
Yeah, I didn't realize UMD moved from the ACC. The bigger loss imo is the basketball rivalries with Duke, UNC and NC State among others. A lot of mid tier teams have been switching conferences tho, and it's taking some getting used to all of the changes in the collegiate landscape.

I'm very curious to see how Napier does at UF. He's already added some impressive coaches to his staff. I'm no Gators fan, but I have a feeling he's going to do very well there.

Yeah, I didn't realize UMD moved from the ACC. The bigger loss imo is the basketball rivalries with Duke, UNC and NC State among others. A lot of mid tier teams have been switching conferences tho, and it's taking some getting used to all of the changes in the collegiate landscape.

I'm very curious to see how Napier does at UF. He's already added some impressive coaches to his staff. I'm no Gators fan, but I have a feeling he's going to do very well there.
Maryland cited the "special" rule book (like the special rule book the NFL uses for Tom Brady and its other pets) that the ACC handed to Notre Dame when it "joined" the ACC as it's reason for the move. Truth is Notre Dame does what it damn well pleases within the ACC.

Reality for Maryland is that Debbie Yow left the athletic department in such financial shambles that Maryland had no alternative but to take the 52 million dollar payout from the Big 10.

I have yet to find one single Terps fan who supports the move. The basketball rivalries are gone, and that stinks. Football rivalries in the ACC were problematic for Maryland. Va Tech and UVA hate each other with such passion that there is little left over for the Terps. Same with UNC/NC State.

Last edited:
The timing of this bowl sucks, there should never be a bowl this late, 6 days before the natty. This is at best a December 20th bowl in terms of quality.

The timing of this bowl sucks, there should never be a bowl this late, 6 days before the natty. This is at best a December 20th bowl in terms of quality.
And then it is being played on the same night as the men's basketball game against Kentucky. :covri:

I feel your pain brother. From a competition perspective football wise it was and still is a joke. UMD gets crushed annually by the best big 10 teams, they simply can't recruit to compete with the UM, OH St, Mich St's of the conference. Pretty sure they have by far the smallest football stadium in the big 10 also....fun fact, my son and most of his friend's that went to UMD didn't go to a single football game....not one, they did attend soccer and basketball games from time to time...

Yow completely wrecked UMD sports....disgraceful....

I feel your pain brother. From a competition perspective football wise it was and still is a joke. UMD gets crushed annually by the best big 10 teams, they simply can't recruit to compete with the UM, OH St, Mich St's of the conference. Pretty sure they have by far the smallest football stadium in the big 10 also....fun fact, my son and most of his friend's that went to UMD didn't go to a single football game....not one, they did attend soccer and basketball games from time to time...

Yow completely wrecked UMD sports....disgraceful....
I went to a UMD football game in College Park about 20 years ago. It was a good time. Stadium wasn't that bad. 50k+ fans and they were winning games at a pretty good clip back then. Only reason I did was because I was doing an internship there at the time, but it was a fun experience.

I went to a UMD football game in College Park about 20 years ago. It was a good time. Stadium wasn't that bad. 50k+ fans and they were winning games at a pretty good clip back then. Only reason I did was because I was doing an internship there at the time, but it was a fun experience.
You were there in the Friedgen days. We went to a Saturday night game in 2001 against Clemson. The Terps were 8-1 and the atmosphere was electric because it was Maryland’s first good year since 1990. The Terps went on to beat Clemson 37-20.

That was 20 years ago :covri:

And then it is being played on the same night as the men's basketball game against Kentucky. :covri:
Yeah, but for those of us watching from home, it's great. Basketball at 6 followed by Football at 8. Don't even have to change the channel.

Is Nuss actually going to start at QB for LSU tonight? Or will we not find out until game time? With a roster that thin some of these higher alternate margin bets look pretty attractive (eg Kansas State - 17.5).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom