Boycott Chick fil a? (1 Viewer)

It also has Worcestershire and garlic powder.
Plus some kind of dark spice flecks -- might just be black pepper alone, might be a few more things mixed in.

EDIT: This mimic recipe just calls for black pepper alone. Also, no mustard needed.

Zuppardo's on Vets is actually very good.

Best fried chicken in the city is McHardy's on Broad IMHO.
McHardys is hit and miss for me. When it hits, it’s amazing.

Agree about Zuppardos.

back in the day, late 80s early 90s, there was a chain of convience stores (I only saw them in small towns like Walker where I grew up) called Jr Food Mart. they had Creole Fried Chicken, it was the best ever. they opened a Churches Chicken once and they went out of business after less than 2 years because most people still went to Jr Food Mart to get their fried chicken. I was extremely sad when they all closed down in South La..
oh, and they also had awesome donuts..

back in the day, late 80s early 90s, there was a chain of convience stores (I only saw them in small towns like Walker where I grew up) called Jr Food Mart. they had Creole Fried Chicken, it was the best ever. they opened a Churches Chicken once and they went out of business after less than 2 years because most people still went to Jr Food Mart to get their fried chicken. I was extremely sad when they all closed down in South La..
Same thing in St James Parish. Gramercy had a Jr Food Mart.
Spicy hot with Cayenne pepper.
They couldn't make enough of it.

We had a Jrs when I went to Southern Miss - I don’t remember their chicken, but their nachos at 11:30pm hit the spot quite often

We had a Jrs when I went to Southern Miss - I don’t remember their chicken, but their nachos at 11:30pm hit the spot quite often
the one in Walker was 24 hr (and only thing open past 10pm), it was less than a mile from my house. we used to go there late at night, and if there was any chicken left, they would let us have it really cheap because they would start the donuts at like 3am and would throw any left over chicken away. good times..

Was Mac's at the same location as the current Chubbie's Chicken in Algiers, Gen Meyer at Huntlee? People seem to like Chubbie's a lot these days.

No, that Chubbie's has been Chubbie's for as long as I can remember. The Chicken in the Box place, iirc, was almost right across the street in a shopping center. The shopping center has an Ace Hardware and a Subway. Next to the Subway on General Meyer is a sno-ball stand. I think that's where it was, but not sure. Anyone else remember?

No, that Chubbie's has been Chubbie's for as long as I can remember. The Chicken in the Box place, iirc, was almost right across the street in a shopping center. The shopping center has an Ace Hardware and a Subway. Next to the Subway on General Meyer is a sno-ball stand. I think that's where it was, but not sure. Anyone else remember?
I don’t know but Chubbies is awesome. I haven’t been there in forever.

Zaxby's is a Canes clone. Same chicken, same fries, same bread, and very similar sauce

FTR - Zaxby’s first opened in 1990. Cane’s started in 1996.

I like Zaxby’s spicy chicken sandwich, hella good. And their fries are legit too.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom