Boycott Chick fil a? (1 Viewer)

FTR - Zaxby’s first opened in 1990. Cane’s started in 1996.

I like Zaxby’s spicy chicken sandwich, hella good. And their fries are legit too.
The fried mushrooms aren't bad either. They can't hold a candle to Buzd's fried mushroom recipe, but they will do if hunger hits.

The fried mushrooms aren't bad either. They can't hold a candle to Buzd's fried mushroom recipe, but they will do if hunger hits.

Brew-Bachers (Baton Rouge) fried mushrooms are probably the best I’ve ever had.

Buzd never invited me over

It’s been awhile, but I do remember them having some good fried stuff. I think they had that “fall off” type breading that I find weirdly good/satisfying. Times Grill had the same.

Yes! And their ranch was on-point

Even ignoring the other stuff, I'd go to Popeyes over CFA 10 times out of 10.
i kinda agree, but they are so vastly different. i can't put them in the same category. popeyes is the easy winner, but man, those cfa chicken minis are like crack.

i kinda agree, but they are so vastly different. i can't put them in the same category. popeyes is the easy winner, but man, those cfa chicken minis are like crack.
We got a rep at work that brings those minis in once a month. Bruuuuuuuh

Yeah, I cant really explain it but Ill use an analogy. CFA is kind of like Pizza Hut to me. I loved Pizza Hut back in the day. Loved it. However, Pizza Hut is as far from tasting like a "pizza" as any of the pizza franchises out there. It's not pizza, it's Pizza Hut, if that makes sense. CFA is similar in that their chicken doesn't taste like chicken, it tastes like CFA. Popeyes, KFC, Chubbies, Publix, whatever...they all sell chicken that has a somewhat unique taste but it's undoubtedly chicken. I'm not saying CFA isn't serving actual chicken, far from it. I'm saying that it's CFA. It does taste good, but I don't go there if I'm craving fried chicken. I go there if I'm craving CFA. Weird to try to explain but it's not in the same category. If I want fried chicken I don't even think to include CFA in the run down, it's its own thing.

Yeah, I cant really explain it but Ill use an analogy. CFA is kind of like Pizza Hut to me. I loved Pizza Hut back in the day. Loved it. However, Pizza Hut is as far from tasting like a "pizza" as any of the pizza franchises out there. It's not pizza, it's Pizza Hut, if that makes sense. CFA is similar in that their chicken doesn't taste like chicken, it tastes like CFA. Popeyes, KFC, Chubbies, Publix, whatever...they all sell chicken that has a somewhat unique taste but it's undoubtedly chicken. I'm not saying CFA isn't serving actual chicken, far from it. I'm saying that it's CFA. It does taste good, but I don't go there if I'm craving fried chicken. I go there if I'm craving CFA. Weird to try to explain but it's not in the same category. If I want fried chicken I don't even think to include CFA in the run down, it's its own thing.
Weirdly enough, I feel you here

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom