Bpa (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Say we cant trade down and kenny phillips sed ellis and keith rivers were off the board so you suppose we draft someone like Desean Jackson or maybe jake scott or sam baker? i would be all over drafting one of the tackles .

If that plays out it would suck. Thats all I've got right now.

You can never go wrong with a lineman but for us this season depending on what they descide to do with Nesbit Faine and Goodwin a Olineman would really be even worse then drafting a QB or RB.

This is how I see it:
1.LB CB
2.DT FS
3.TE WR
4.G T SS
5.QB RB FB

I still think O-line isn't as bad an option as some people make out...

Brees makes our o-line look good in pass protection with his pocket awareness and quick release...but the o-line have been really really poor at opening creases for the running game

Still, I think we have bigger needs on D, but if there's someone miles ahead of anyone else on the board, I think we take him, almost regardless of position (only QB and, to a much lesser extent, RB would be brainless picks)

That said, I still think trading down for more picks would be better as we have lots of holes

I think you still go with the best Defensive Player available or trade back to the spot he is in, because alot of teams would love to jump up and grab whatever offensive player that is available at that spot.

Don't be surprised if we pick DeSean Jackson at 10 if these guys are off the board... if we can't swing a trade to move back... and the clock is ticking... we may need to take our BPA regardless of position. Remember they've shortened the 1st round...

I've always been a fan of BPA at a position of need. I also think that, typically, there are players who are within a breath of each other in terms of talent - sort of a tiered approach to BPA.

So, for example, let's say they get to 10 and the following players are available...

Brian Brohm - QB
Limas Sweed - WR
Kenny Phillips - S
Johnathan Philips RB

and no-one else in their class is available? Moreover, what if Brohm is at the top of your board? Do you take Brohm because he's BPA? No Way! when you've got Brees. So, the obvious choice would be one of the other guys even if they grade out lower. If those guys are all pretty equal, you take the one who you think will have the biggest impact the next year. What you don't do is to take someone like Reggie Smith (unless you think he grades out with the others). So you need a CB, but he would be a reach at 10. If there's no-one there, trade down if you can.

when they all are gone ( which is unlikely) iam for picking ryan clady

If the defensive vale is gone then I say that the Saints draft the best OL player available I like Clady but I think that Jeff Otah is a better prospect for the Saints weak run blocking.

If the defensive vale is gone then I say that the Saints draft the best OL player available I like Clady but I think that Jeff Otah is a better prospect for the Saints weak run blocking.

hmm i didnt read that run-blocking is one of clady´s weaknesses

i like him more as a prospect . he could be better than levi brown , i do wait for the combines , he could go up and be better than brown ( who went a little reached on five last year )

hmm i didnt read that run-blocking is one of clady´s weaknesses

i like him more as a prospect . he could be better than levi brown , i do wait for the combines , he could go up and be better than brown ( who went a little reached on five last year )

Clady's main weakness is his run blocking and Otah is 6'6" 340lbs. of mauler but we will go defense so this is a useless argument.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom