Brady 531, Brees 528 (2 Viewers)

Brady retires at the end of the year. Brees retires after next year, owning every QB record there is except career INTs

Brady should retire at the end of the year. The AFC is beginning to belong to Jackson, Mahomes, and Watson now. Really the entire league is shifting towards the young elite QBs. The more they get better, the tougher it’ll get for NE to go deep in the playoffs, and harder for Brady to be considered the best QB in his own conference. It’s only a matter of time before Brady realizes he won’t be able to keep up with those 3, let alone Brees. Pats next 3 games against Dak, DW and Mahomes gonna show Brady where he stands for the next 3, 4, 7 more years if he’s really trying to play that long

Brady should retire at the end of the year. The AFC is beginning to belong to Jackson, Mahomes, and Watson now. Really the entire league is shifting towards the young elite QBs. The more they get better, the tougher it’ll get for NE to go deep in the playoffs, and harder for Brady to be considered the best QB in his own conference. It’s only a matter of time before Brady realizes he won’t be able to keep up with those 3, let alone Brees. Pats next 3 games against Dak, DW and Mahomes gonna show Brady where he stands for the next 3, 4, 7 more years if he’s really trying to play that long
Well Brady's decline can be shown statistically with his QB rating.

2016 - 112.2
2017 - 102.8
2018 - 97.7
2019 - 90.1

The biggest difference besides accuracy which is certainly becoming an issue lately, it's yards per attempt. It was 7.65 last year, now it's at 6.8 this season. That's quite the dropoff in 1 year.

There were definite signs last year late in the season and then that Super Bowl performance or lack thereof. It's carried over this season, great start to the year but then the wear and tear mounts so much quicker in the season at age 42.

Brady can elect to come back next season, but he'll play at such a poor level that will be unbecoming of him.

Last edited:
Well Brady's decline can be shown statistically with his QB rating.

2016 - 112.2
2017 - 102.8
2018 - 97.7
2019 - 91.0

The biggest difference besides accuracy which is certainly becoming an issue lately, it's yards per attempt. It was 7.65 last year, now it's at 6.8 this season. That's quite the dropoff in 1 year.

There were definite signs last year late in the season and then that Super Bowl performance or lack thereof. It's carried over this season, great start to the year but then the wear and tear mounts so much quicker in the season at age 42.

Brady can elect to come back next season, but he'll play at such a poor level that will be unbecoming of him.

Great info and for comparison here are Brees' QBR and Y/A averages since 2016. If there is one word to describe it, it is consistency.

QBR
2016 - 101.7
2017 - 103.9
2018 - 115.7 (Career High/Led NFL/6th Highest All-Time)
2019 - 99.8 (4 games)

Career: 97.7
Saints Career: 100.6

Y/A
2016 - 7.7
2017 - 8.1
2018 - 8.2
2019 - 7.9 (4 games)

Career: 7.6
Saints Career: 7.8

Last edited:
Great info and for comparison here are Brees' QBR and Y/A averages since 2016. If there is one word to describe it, it is consistency.

QBR
2016 - 101.7
2017 - 103.9
2018 - 115.7
2019 - 99.8

Y/A
2016 - 7.7
2017 - 8.1
2018 - 8.2
2019 - 7.9

Lmao he’s getting better and tb12 getting worse.

QBR
2016 - 101.7
2017 - 103.9
2018 - 115.7
2019 - 99.8

Y/A
2016 - 7.7
2017 - 8.1
2018 - 8.2
2019 - 7.9

Excellent job with the stats.

Brees after today has a QB rating of 104.8. His ypa is 7.6.

They only thing really noticeable as a drop off this season is his rate of 20+ yard pass plays. Typical years he's been between 1 in 8 and 1 in 10 pass attempts resulting in 20+ yard pass plays. It's 1 in 14 this season. That's a huge drop. Still only 4 game sample space, so we'll see what that looks like at the end of the year.

Last edited:
Excellent job with the stats.

Brees after today has a QB rating of 104.8. His ypa is 7.6.

Thanks. Pro Football Reference didn't have the updated stats when I grabbed them.

I did edit my post to show that last season's QBR was Brees' career high, led the NFL and his the 6th highest all time.

Thanks. Pro Football Reference didn't have the updated stats when I grabbed them.

I did edit my post to show that last season's QBR was Brees' career high, led the NFL and his the 6th highest all time.
Nfl.com is the only site that will update player stats, usually around 3 hours after the game is over. Everyone else you wait until tomorrow.

Lmao he’s getting better and tb12 getting worse.
Before the start of 2018 Brees was about a full point behind Brady in QB rating. I didn't know at that time if Brees would eclipse him.

After today, their respective career marks:

Brees 97.8
Brady 97.3

They are going in opposite directions. Brees will likely finish about a point ahead of Brady by year's end.

If you watched the game Brady had against the Eagles today he looked old. I would love to see them use the Doppler radar on qb pass speed like they do with kicks now. I know you could use a jugs gun if you be at the right angle but I would love to be able to compare the average speed between Drew’s passes and Brady’s. I also think that Drew got a taste of what life is like without football and he didn’t like it much. I know this sounds crazy but his injury may have come at a perfect time for him. I think him sitting on the sideline watching Teddy win with his team was killing the competitor in him. I’m not saying he wasn’t happy for Teddy and for the team. I’m saying he just isn’t ready yet. I know one thing for sure and that is I hope we get to play the Pats in the super bowl this year. If we do I will be placing a nice bet on the Saints to win.

If there was a young stud in his division that was coming on and looking like a threat to take over the division and keep the Patriots out, I could see him retiring. But in the absence of that, I think he plays a couple more years, even if he’s falling off physically. 75% of Tom Brady is enough to win a divisional playoff game and at least make the AFC Championship. No need for him to walk away now when he can take ownership of historic league records, and starts every season on 3rd base because the division is a cakewalk.

Brady is going to need to be drug off the field kicking and screaming. That d bag wants every passing record to be his when he retires because hes just that arrogant

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom