Brady, Bucs will battle us to final week (2 Viewers)

Cajun Chat

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This promises to be an epic battle between two of the best to ever play the game. Brady is proving he didn't need Belichick. Belichick is proving he needed/needs Brady. He was the Bucs missing piece.

I'd say the major advantage is their defense. It goes to show you how misleading this could be as we are ranked 7th intTotal defense and the Bucs are ranked 3rd. We are stout against the run (ranked 3rd) but the Bucs are #1. Our pass defense is where we struggle being ranked #17 against the pass and they are 9th.

Overall, when you look at it the Bucs seem to possess something more defensively. Add to it that Antonio Brown (if he calms his act down) will give them another dynamic dimension.

Saint Spud

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
At this point, I hope we can battle them to the final week.

They're better than we are (right now). The defenses aren’t even close. If our D plays like the first half of last season and we can get back MT and Sanders closer to 100%, then I think we can outlast them. But right now, they’re better and it’s not all that close.

Last edited:

Saintsphere

1 day I'll add a second Lombardi to my pic. 1 day.
Reaction score
We haven't had a tried and true battle for the division since 2017 so we're due. Parity in the NFL rarely allows you to seamlessly skate your way to a division title three straight years. Most should have expected one of the teams to finally give us a run this season with the Bucs being the most likely candidate.

It'll be a testament to this regime if we can find a way to win four straight division titles. But, even if we have to settle for a wildcard spot this season, the be all end all this year is finding a way to win it all in the postseason. We're at the point where anything else (division titles, NFC Championship Game appearance) is just window dressing at this point.

saintmike23

BRING THE WOOD!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
They shouldn’t need Antonio Brown. It means that Brady is not satisfied with who they have. It’s a bad omen for the team when two of the top receivers from last year aren’t gelling with the new QB. I think they will cool down in weeks to come and end up in second place.

Reaction score
Not always the „better“ team advances in the playoffs.

Just swap the board this year. Mediocre season and blowout wins including SB in the playoffs.

Also the Buccs are getting the special ref treatment this year thx to Brady

zeke187

Practice Squad
Reaction score
They have a cake walk to end the season, too.
Their most difficult game is KC in week 12 then its Minn, ATL, Det, ATL.

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Won't be an issue unless some kind of miracle happens. We're going to lose several games. I just don't see out defense turning it around enough to make us contenders.

saint_drago

I Must Break You
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You're right. I just looked at their schedule and I think they lose 2 more games at most.

@ Giants
Saints
@Panthers
Rams
Chiefs
Vikings
@ falcons
@Lions
falcons

Maybe the falcons can do their annual turn around and play spolier late in the year.

HouseCall

Resist, Ronald, resist!
Reaction score
And a week 13 bye to get everyone rested up before that stretch of games.

Bucs definitely have a huge edge - unless Brady gets dinged in some way.

ndcc

Saints' fan 4ever
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sad to leave NOLA to AZ; going into ministry
The NFC Wildcard #6 seed (Giants) beating the juggernaut 18-0 Patriots in the Super Bowl (2007 season), and holding them to 14 points... is enough to let us know that stats don’t always matter in the postseason.

:gosaints:

Winter

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
The NFC Wildcard #6 seed (Giants) beating the juggernaut 18-0 Patriots in the Super Bowl (2007 season), and holding them to 14 points... is enough to let us know that stats don’t always matter in the postseason.

:gosaints:
How glorious would it be if the Giants win the east running away at 6-10 and knock Brady out of the post season.

BiloxiSaint1

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
You're right. I just looked at their schedule and I think they lose 2 more games at most.

@ Giants
Saints
@Panthers
Rams
Chiefs
Vikings
@ falcons
@Lions
falcons

Maybe the falcons can do their annual turn around and play spolier late in the year.
If the Saints sweep the Bucs, then I see the Bucs finishing no better than 11-5. If the Saints sweep the Bucs and can't end up with at least an 11-5 record to take the division, then they don't deserve it. The Saints @ Bucs Week 9 should be huge in determining the NFCS.

BoNcHiE

Every team's Elixor
Reaction score

@ Giants
Saints
@Panthers
Rams
Chiefs
Vikings
@ falcons
@Lions
falcons

A lot of football left. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Falcons beat them once. Their streak of ridiculously bad luck won't last forever and they'll go on a mini-run like they usually do.

Chiefs, Saints, Rams won't be pushovers for the Bucs. The Lions and Panthers can beat them too on any given Sunday. We'll see.

11-5 takes the division I think.

jasonsw

Long live Duke and Goose
Reaction score
At this point, I hope we can battle them to the final week.

They're better than we are (right now). The defenses aren’t even close. If our D plays like the first half of last season and we can get back MT and Sanders closer to 100%, then I think we can outlast them. But right now, they’re better and it’s not all that close.
If Saints can take care of business this week and next week against Bucs, saints will enjoy a major advantage. I think N.O can beat ATL twice and Carolina once more. Its pretty cool to know despite rough start Saints still control alot of their own destiny.

St.Dan

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
This promises to be an epic battle between two of the best to ever play the game. Brady is proving he didn't need Belichick. Belichick is proving he needed/needs Brady. He was the Bucs missing piece.

I'd say the major advantage is their defense. It goes to show you how misleading this could be as we are ranked 7th intTotal defense and the Bucs are ranked 3rd. We are stout against the run (ranked 3rd) but the Bucs are #1. Our pass defense is where we struggle being ranked #17 against the pass and they are 9th.

Overall, when you look at it the Bucs seem to possess something more defensively. Add to it that Antonio Brown (if he calms his act down) will give them another dynamic dimension.
MT13 would do well to get his head screwed on right in time for the rematch in Tampa. Same goes for Latt on D if AB lasts long enough in a Bucs uniform to make it to the game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom