Brady, Bucs will battle us to final week (1 Viewer)

Bucs win the division and the Saints make it in as a 7th seed wildcard and beat the 2nd seed Bucs in the playoffs.

The Bucs are rolling right now, and they are a very tough out currently, but I’ve also seen what they look like when they’re “off”, and they looked ugly in those situations.

I’ve seen Saints teams that peaked too early, and playing like the Bucs have played the last 2 games... it just doesn’t last.

The good news is, the Saints haven’t even come close to peaking or hitting their stride yet this season.

If the Saints sweep the Bucs, then I see the Bucs finishing no better than 11-5. If the Saints sweep the Bucs and can't end up with at least an 11-5 record to take the division, then they don't deserve it. The Saints @ Bucs Week 9 should be huge in determining the NFCS.
I think we are a 10-6 team but could finish 11-5. The question is will they lose 3 more games?

At least 4 to 6 more?! I want what you’re having.

Unfortunately, there is not a even a sliver of a chance the Bucs lose 6 more games to end up at 8-8. The Falcons will win out and make the playoffs before that happens.

IMHO, the worst the Bucs will finish is 11-5 but most likely 12-4. I do however, think our defense tightens up in the second half of the season and we go neck and neck with them until the end. Week 9 is by far, our most important game of the season.
This sounds about right.

I have a feeling this isn’t Bruce Arians offense, but actually a hybrid that Brady helped install.

Brady is conservative, but a little bit of Arians’ offense has pushed him into being a bit more aggressive. It’s turned out to be a good hybrid.

Their defense is absolutely better than ours, right now. There’s a chance our defense is going to return to form and be at least decent. If that doesn’t happen though, I don’t think we can take the division. If it does happen, then these teams will be neck and neck.

I‘m not one for harping on intangibles, but over the last few seasons I’ve fully bought into “peaking at the right time.” If we can hobble through the season and peak at the end, I don’t mind getting in via wildcard. I just don’t know what the floor is for a wildcard record. I’m thinking 10-6 but it may need to be 11-5.

They shouldn’t need Antonio Brown. It means that Brady is not satisfied with who they have. It’s a bad omen for the team when two of the top receivers from last year aren’t gelling with the new QB. I think they will cool down in weeks to come and end up in second place.

Brady is PLENTY satisfied with his receivers. Best he’s had since throwing to Randy Moss. Only problem has been INJURIES to these guys. Once they all do get healthy, and you add AB to share in the receptions, your ‘omen’ theory will be shattered. Seriously, who do we have covering Evans, Godwin, AB, Miller, Howard, Brate and Gronkowski? Then RB’s Jones, Fournette and McCoy. I wouldn’t bet against them putting up 40 burgers -vs- everyone. Then you add a Bucs defense that is very good and still improving while ‘our’ defense, with emphasis on our DB’s, is a bag of mishaps. Playing the Bucs week one without a preseason, before they had an opportunity to gel like they are now, was a blessing for us.

Our offense is solid and will be even better when we get MT and Sanders back. We can score too, but just like many on SSF have mentioned, our ‘D’ is a major disappointment. Winning the NFC South comes down to can our ‘D’ wake up and perform before it’s too late. I think we’ve all heard enough from our ‘D’ players - talking the talk. But until they prove they can stop anybody, especially in the red zone, this Saints team is not making any traction against winning teams.

Last edited:
I still think with TB’s very average offensive line, Brady might not finish the season...we will see...

Our D needs to get better though, TB’s D is very good....

Unless we upset the Bucs next week, and I think that will be a challenge, I believe we will be the one chasing the Bucs all season. A win would give us a tiebreaker but a loss would in all likelihood relegate us to fighting for a wild card. Unfortunately if we are honest with ourselves, the Bucs at this point have a much better defense and that over the remainder of the season will be the deciding factor. Lets hope we pull one out next week and put them in the rear view mirror!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom