Brady, Bucs will battle us to final week (1 Viewer)

This promises to be an epic battle between two of the best to ever play the game. Brady is proving he didn't need Belichick. Belichick is proving he needed/needs Brady. He was the Bucs missing piece.

I'd say the major advantage is their defense. It goes to show you how misleading this could be as we are ranked 7th intTotal defense and the Bucs are ranked 3rd. We are stout against the run (ranked 3rd) but the Bucs are #1. Our pass defense is where we struggle being ranked #17 against the pass and they are 9th.

Overall, when you look at it the Bucs seem to possess something more defensively. Add to it that Antonio Brown (if he calms his act down) will give them another dynamic dimension.

MT13 would do well to get his head screwed on right in time for the rematch in Tampa. Same goes for Latt on D if AB lasts long enough in a Bucs uniform to make it to the game.

Won't be an issue unless some kind of miracle happens. We're going to lose several games. I just don't see out defense turning it around enough to make us contenders.
Foh defense being bad and all we have been in every game this season smh

If Saints can take care of business this week and next week against Bucs, saints will enjoy a major advantage. I think N.O can beat ATL twice and Carolina once more. Its pretty cool to know despite rough start Saints still control alot of their own destiny.

For sure.

I feel like this Sunday they need to grind one out. Defense has to dominate a really bad offense and the O has to be patient and run the ball.

Then next weekend, get back MT and Sanders and see what we’ve got on Sunday night.

You're right. I just looked at their schedule and I think they lose 2 more games at most.

@ Giants
Saints
@Panthers
Rams
Chiefs
Vikings
@ falcons
@Lions
falcons

Maybe the falcons can do their annual turn around and play spolier late in the year.
If they lose to Saints, Rams and Chiefs that’s 3 more. Maybe Panthers will beat them. And maybe Vikings or lions will have some fight left in them.

For sure.

I feel like this Sunday they need to grind one out. Defense has to dominate a really bad offense and the O has to be patient and run the ball.

Then next weekend, get back MT and Sanders and see what we’ve got on Sunday night.
One thing I like about the Saints is that have shown they can be patient. They were patient in game one against Bucs. Didnt force anything offensively, let the game come to them and exercised a consistent defensive game plan against Brady. Saints do that every game then they will be almost unbeatable.

Against who? Bucs are much better then they were week 1.....are we?

No. But a lot can change between now and next Sunday night.

Look, I’m not overly confident given what we’ve seen over these first few weeks. But there is also a way that this defense gets all of this figured out and it becomes the D that a lot of people were hoping for back in training camp.

Combine that with an offense that could be really scary once MT and Sanders get back, and this could be that year where we are actually the hot team at the end that hits its stride at playoff time.

There’s just so much football left and we know this team has the talent.

No. But a lot can change between now and next Sunday night.

Look, I’m not overly confident given what we’ve seen over these first few weeks. But there is also a way that this defense gets all of this figured out and it becomes the D that a lot of people were hoping for back in training camp.

Combine that with an offense that could be really scary once MT and Sanders get back, and this could be that year where we are actually the hot team at the end that hits its stride at playoff time.

There’s just so much football left and we know this team has the talent.
Well I certainly hope you're right. I'm holding out hope but my expectations are kinda low right now. I'm just so disappointed in our D......I really thought we were gonna be much much better on that side of the ball.

MT13 would do well to get his head screwed on right in time for the rematch in Tampa.

I'm more worried about his legs. I don't think Michael Thomas will be Michael Thomas this year. High ankle sprain and now a hamstring? Both injuries notorious for nagging you all season long...

They shouldn’t need Antonio Brown. It means that Brady is not satisfied with who they have. It’s a bad omen for the team when two of the top receivers from last year aren’t gelling with the new QB. I think they will cool down in weeks to come and end up in second place.

Godwin picked up a hamstring injury in Week 3, Evans an ankle injury in Week 4. Both have tried to play through somewhat but with little success. Evans has racked up 6 TDs but very few yards, Godwin was strong last week for probably the first time this year, at (self-declared) 80% effectiveness, but broke his finger on a TD catch. I would expect Brady to gel with them both given time and their return to health.

Every Bucs fan had the 1st game vs Saints as a loss, no surprise, the Bears game was winnable but the offense was severely hobbled by injuries and on a short week. We have 3 tough games left on the schedule, by my reckoning, and heading for likely a 11-5 or 12-4 record, provided we maintain or improve and not regress. Saints are the still the class of the NFCS until we dethrone them, not a forgone conclusion by any means. Ironically we've tend to split with them even in the bad years, and split is the best we can do in a potentially good year. I see 4 tough games left on your schedule, and with MT back you are probably shooting for 10-6 or 11-5.

Over the first 7 weeks, we are marginally the better team, IMHO, but in the last 2 weeks we have gotten significantly better and beat 2 really good teams by wide margins, whereas Saints have beaten 2 average teams by narrow margins. Looking forward to the rematch coming up, hoping both teams are at full strength. Many happy memories of games at RayJay up in the 300 level, next to colorful and loud contingents of travelling Saints fans.

Godwin picked up a hamstring injury in Week 3, Evans an ankle injury in Week 4. Both have tried to play through somewhat but with little success. Evans has racked up 6 TDs but very few yards, Godwin was strong last week for probably the first time this year, at (self-declared) 80% effectiveness, but broke his finger on a TD catch. I would expect Brady to gel with them both given time and their return to health.

Every Bucs fan had the 1st game vs Saints as a loss, no surprise, the Bears game was winnable but the offense was severely hobbled by injuries and on a short week. We have 3 tough games left on the schedule, by my reckoning, and heading for likely a 11-5 or 12-4 record, provided we maintain or improve and not regress. Saints are the still the class of the NFCS until we dethrone them, not a forgone conclusion by any means. Ironically we've tend to split with them even in the bad years, and split is the best we can do in a potentially good year. I see 4 tough games left on your schedule, and with MT back you are probably shooting for 10-6 or 11-5.

Over the first 7 weeks, we are marginally the better team, IMHO, but in the last 2 weeks we have gotten significantly better and beat 2 really good teams by wide margins, whereas Saints have beaten 2 average teams by narrow margins. Looking forward to the rematch coming up, hoping both teams are at full strength. Many happy memories of games at RayJay up in the 300 level, next to colorful and loud contingents of travelling Saints fans.
You will lose at least 4 more maybe 6. That Bruce Arians offense produces turnovers. With more tape defenses will figure out Brady. Don’t get too excited.

You will lose at least 4 more maybe 6. That Bruce Arians offense produces turnovers. With more tape defenses will figure out Brady. Don’t get too excited.

At least 4 to 6 more?! I want what you’re having.

Unfortunately, there is not a even a sliver of a chance the Bucs lose 6 more games to end up at 8-8. The Falcons will win out and make the playoffs before that happens.

IMHO, the worst the Bucs will finish is 11-5 but most likely 12-4. I do however, think our defense tightens up in the second half of the season and we go neck and neck with them until the end. Week 9 is by far, our most important game of the season.

We had a bunch of turnovers under Arians, Koetter and Lovie Smith. But the producer is now your 3rd string QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom