Brady gets way more help from refs then Brees and the stat to prove it (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
From 2009 to 2019 The Pats offence was able to get 94 holding, 111 pass interference and 35 illegal contact calls to help them for a total of 240 the most in the NFL during that span.
The Saints get 53/65/15 for 133 to help there offence, dead last in the NFL

And of course this year Tampa bay was number 1 with 6/27/1 for a total of 34 easily the most in the NFL.
The Saints 7/9/1 this year for 17 which tied for 15th

Funny thing the Pats this year only get 9 calls this season.

So since 2009 Brady teams have gotten 274 calls compare to 150 for Brees teams.

I copied this from a Chiefs board, interesting:

Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 27 PI calls this 2020 season, Kansas City received 4.

No other team had more than 19 (Miami/Pittsburgh) and 28 teams had less than 15.

Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 12 PI last year with Winston throwing for over 5000 yards...

Brady's Bucs received 15 more PI calls than the same team did last season...and set an NFL record.

Brady had 12 more PI calls than 28 other teams....16 more than 21 teams. He was essentially getting twice the PI calls of nearly every other franchise...and 7 times the amount as Mahomes.

25 teams had 11 or less...

Numbers dont lie...only the media about Brady's "greatness"

Chiefs were called for 2 PIs in one quarter of the SB...they only had their opponents flagged 4 times all year.

We have been talking about one-sided officiating for years. People label us whiners, only until THEY are on the wrong side of it. The officials have WAAAAY too much influence on a game. At this point, I am willing to take them out and have an automated system that makes penalties. At least the computer system SHOULD be unbiased.

Last thing, I think it is patently unfair for an officiating crew to have a meeting on "point of emphasis" before a game and NOT inform the coaches prior to. It's almost like a "Gotcha" moment of idiotic proportions. Imagine taking tests in class all year, and the teacher lets you chew gum and listen to music with earbuds even though it's against school rules. Then during the Finals, the teacher penalizes your for chewing gum and listening to music and you now then fail the test. And people say, you knew you should not have been chewing gum and listening to music, it was in the rules.

Some will say it’s because Tom is always on the team with the most discipline. The players aren’t allowed to accept game checks if they receive a penalty, but instead have to donate it to his off-season supplement fund. In fact, the teams are so disciplined, Gronk was willing to retire at the two-minute warning just in case he was going to challenge Tom for the SB MVP.

Last edited:
From 2009 to 2019 The Pats offence was able to get 94 holding, 111 pass interference and 35 illegal contact calls to help them for a total of 240 the most in the NFL during that span.

And of course this year Tampa bay was number 1 with 6/27/1 for a total of 34 easily the most in the NFL.

The proof is everywhere, yet when you bring it up to anyone they just think your a hater and jealous.

It's obvious thr NFL has there toes dipped in to certain games, and it's been that way for a long time.

I used to be so passionate about football. The NFL has taken a lot of that from me.

Although I'm still passionate about the Saints, it's depressing knowing that the league does everything they can to make sure that we won't sniff another superbowl.

The Saints have to be 3x better then the next best team to even have a chance. Thats just hard to do

The NFL is definitely fixed.

It's a disgusting slap in the face to the players who put in the work to be great and to the fans who pay their money to support their teams. Brady will never be the GOAT to me because I wholeheartedly believe if others got the same treatment he doesn't win 7.

Evans flopped on the PI before the half in the SB. Brady actually trains his receivers how to take advantage of situations and the refs. Brees doesn’t
Another example of cheating to win. Coaching receivers to flop isn't admirable and not the stuff Goat's are made of.

Evans flopped on the PI before the half in the SB. Brady actually trains his receivers how to take advantage of situations and the refs. Brees doesn’t
What’s the man supposed to do? We’ve had the most blatant pass interferences not called in the history of the game.. you actually think him screaming is gonna do anything?

Statistics like this leave me more and more disgusted at the current state of the NFL. I love the Saints, but #$%^ the NFL.

Frankly my interests have turned more and more to soccer over the last decade, and I can see a point at which NFL games become irrelevant to me. All NFL games, Saints included. It is difficult to root for, follow, and love a team when you know you are only one screwed officiating call from throwing a whole year away. Again. If the quality and officiating of the NFL don't improve drastically there will be more like me.

Tampa I think was the 4th most penalized team last year. They were getting a ton of flags the first few games of the year until Brady went off on his Oline and then they cleaned it up and became one of the more disciplined teams in the league.
In terms of the PI calls, Tampa had the best vertical passing game in the league. Brady led the league in 20+ yard attempts and completions. He is also the best at drawing the PI where he places the ball only where his guy can get it.
Seems the Chiefs are just really salty. They were completely outclassed by Tampa on both sides of the ball and coaching.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom