Brady gets way more help from refs then Brees and the stat to prove it (1 Viewer)

Honestly this makes me just not care about the NFL as much as I used to, which is sad because I love the sport.

But you can only give this type of obvious advantage for so long before it starts to damage its image to those that actually pay attention to it.

From 2009 to 2019 The Pats offence was able to get 94 holding, 111 pass interference and 35 illegal contact calls to help them for a total of 240 the most in the NFL during that span.
The Saints get 53/65/15 for 133 to help there offence, dead last in the NFL

And of course this year Tampa bay was number 1 with 6/27/1 for a total of 34 easily the most in the NFL.
The Saints 7/9/1 this year for 17 which tied for 15th

Funny thing the Pats this year only get 9 calls this season.

So since 2009 Brady teams have gotten 274 calls compare to 150 for Brees teams.

I Tested your theory, There's actually might be some truth to this lol. I pulled data for pass int from last 10 years placed on spreadsheet and did some formulas. Now unfortunately I cant filter by person. So there might be some error for example Brady Missed 4 games in for deflategate etc.

But Tom Brady Represents the teams that Brady played for. Data From 2011 - 2020

EDIT: Just to get prospective. TB had 27 PI called for them in 20 games in 2020. Which is half of Washington, 54, total in a 163 games and New Orleans had 64 in total in a 171 games.

TomBrady/TeamsTotal Games PlayedTotal Beneficiary of PISum Of Yards From PIAverage Beneficiary PI Per GameAverage Yards Per Game
Tom Brady18612523380.6712.57
Pittsburgh16910920960.6412.40
Green Bay17510521160.6012.09
Denver17010515610.629.18
Arizona16310416340.6410.02
Indianapolis1699918280.5910.82
N.Y. Giants1659515020.589.10
LA Chargers1649313610.578.30
Cincinnati1659014460.558.76
Baltimore1728817550.5110.20
Las Vegas1618615430.539.58
Miami1618412890.528.01
Philadelphia1677916840.4710.08
Minnesota1667913800.488.31
Jacksonville1637911900.487.30
Atlanta1687711990.467.14
Houston1707712010.457.06
Detroit1637613320.478.17
N.Y. Jets1607511940.477.46
Chicago1627412530.467.73
Dallas1657311590.447.02
Tampa Bay / New England1607212610.457.88
Cleveland162689630.425.94
Buffalo1656712810.417.76
LA Rams1666511920.397.18
Seattle1766514110.378.02
San Francisco171658890.385.20
Carolina167649710.385.81
New Orleans171649690.375.67
Tennessee166639660.385.82
Kansas City173629050.365.23
Washington163549240.335.67

Last edited:
My response is to OP.

OP put numbers behind what I've thought since I watched that game in the snow 15 years ago (15 years ago?). The game was New England vs Oakland in the snow, for the conference championship. The "Brady Rule" or the "Tuck Rule" came into existence when it happened. He clearly fumbled, but they didn't acknowledge it.

During that game the calls went in favor of New England ( & Brady) so often it became laughable. As the years progressed, it's happened again and again so often it's become a meme. My opinion.

I can't prove that I'm right. Nor have I have I verified that OP's numbers are correct.

Whether I'm right or wrong, I think it's pretty cool OP had the balls (and the wits) to compile these numbers and make a case. OP knew it would generate antipathy and debate.

So to OP I say "Thanks for doing this. You're not alone in your opinion. I've felt same for years.".

My response is to OP.

OP put numbers behind what I've thought since I watched that game in the snow 15 years ago (15 years ago?). The game was New England vs Oakland in the snow, for the conference championship. The "Brady Rule" or the "Tuck Rule" came into existence when it happened. He clearly fumbled, but they didn't acknowledge it.

During that game the calls went in favor of New England ( & Brady) so often it became laughable. As the years progressed, it's happened again and again so often it's become a meme. My opinion.

I can't prove that I'm right. Nor have I have I verified that OP's numbers are correct.

Whether I'm right or wrong, I think it's pretty cool OP had the balls (and the wits) to compile these numbers and make a case. OP knew it would generate antipathy and debate.

So to OP I say "Thanks for doing this. You're not alone in your opinion. I've felt same for years.".
I provided some data above your post if I got time i can check what you looking for

My response is to OP.

Roughing the passer for hitting a QB at their knees became a penalty after he was injured and lost for the year. It had happened to other QBs before but no rules were enacted.

Roughing the passer for hitting a QB at their knees became a penalty after he was injured and lost for the year. It had happened to other QBs before but no rules were enacted.

Let's not forget a defender "playing through the hold" nullifying the holding penalty. A rule so rare it was never seen before or after that game.

Let's not forget a defender "playing through the hold" nullifying the holding penalty. A rule so rare it was never seen before or after that game.
Honestly I have a lot of respect for the guy but he’s given every advantage possible. I believe it started as a part of the Kraft effect. I mean here’s a guy arrested on site at a massage parlor and nothing happens to him. Jerry Richardson(a first class jerk too) is accused with little evidence of harassment and he’s basically forced into selling the team. Mkay!!!

Honestly I have a lot of respect for the guy but he’s given every advantage possible. I believe it started as a part of the Kraft effect. I mean here’s a guy arrested on site at a massage parlor and nothing happens to him. Jerry Richardson(a first class jerk too) is accused with little evidence of harassment and he’s basically forced into selling the team. Mkay!!!

All I can think of when I see Robert Kraft

Didn’t it happen to Carson Palmer the year before? Not buying that TB12 didn’t know his ex-GF was pregnant ( 3 months in) when he started dating his Supermodel hussy, two weeks after the split. UGG boots suck!!! I want to know what is in that snake oil darn it!!!! Told y’all.....I want receipts!!! Getting to a Super Bowl is one of the hardest things to do and this dude gets to 10 of them. Nope, he has had a lot of help. This thread is depressing man.
Plus, with all of the statistics that has been verified (thanks OP), it’s evident that Goodell hates SP and our franchise more than we thought and he loves him some TB12. Competitive balance my behind.

Thanks for bringing that up. I thought I would blow a blood vessel on that call. Would be like if someone laid out the QB and they said "the quarterback played through the foul.."

• 1Like
Reactions: LoE
From 2009 to 2019 The Pats offence was able to get 94 holding, 111 pass interference and 35 illegal contact calls to help them for a total of 240 the most in the NFL during that span.
The Saints get 53/65/15 for 133 to help there offence, dead last in the NFL

And of course this year Tampa bay was number 1 with 6/27/1 for a total of 34 easily the most in the NFL.
The Saints 7/9/1 this year for 17 which tied for 15th

Funny thing the Pats this year only get 9 calls this season.

So since 2009 Brady teams have gotten 274 calls compare to 150 for Brees teams.

Could it be that the Pat's were more disciplined and committed fewer penalties? Everything isn't a grand conspiracy to keep the Saints down. If there were such a conspiracy, there would have to be so many people involved that someone would tell.

I used to be so passionate about football. The NFL has taken a lot of that from me.

Yeah me too. I don't think I've watched a Superbowl in the last 10 years.

I'm a Saints fan, I have always been a Saints fan. I've been to games beyond count. I played in little league at Mike Miley playground in the 1970's. But I can't get into it much anymore. I just feel the money's taken over, and it's not a fair slate anymore.

Just my opinion. It breaks my heart, but it's the truth.

Thanks for bringing that up. I thought I would blow a blood vessel on that call. Would be like if someone laid out the QB and they said "the quarterback played through the foul.."

Same game where Brady threw the game winning touchdown while his LT wrapped his whole arm around Junior Galette's neck. Strangely enough that didn't draw a flag either.

Didn’t it happen to Carson Palmer the year before? Not buying that TB12 didn’t know his ex-GF was pregnant ( 3 months in) when he started dating his Supermodel hussy, two weeks after the split. UGG boots suck!!! I want to know what is in that snake oil darn it!!!! Told y’all.....I want receipts!!! Getting to a Super Bowl is one of the hardest things to do and this dude gets to 10 of them. Nope, he has had a lot of help. This thread is depressing man.
Plus, with all of the statistics that has been verified (thanks OP), it’s evident that Goodell hates SP and our franchise more than we thought and he loves him some TB12. Competitive balance my behind.
Yep a year or two before.

• 1Like
Reactions: LoE
Could it be that the Pat's were more disciplined and committed fewer penalties? Everything isn't a grand conspiracy to keep the Saints down. If there were such a conspiracy, there would have to be so many people involved that someone would tell.
Yeah, the Pats are so disciplined they cause the officials to throw PI flags at a statistically alarming rate against their opponents. Re-read the OP.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom