Brady has hit the wall (1 Viewer)

Saintsreport rule: if the Saints are 10-2 they are above criticism and on their way to the Super Bowl. If another team is 10-2, they should bench their QB and stockpile draft picks for rebuilding.

I think it's time to bench Kamara and bring back Lasco.

In comparison both the Saints and Pats have shown some cracks in their armor the last couple of seasons and with all due respect with a 10-2 record the Pats have played the schedule that they were dealt this season albeit a very soft schedule while the Saints have played a considerably tougher schedule coupled with losing their first ballot HOF QB for 5 games.

Now with all that said and both teams seemingly not as good as they once were I think the Pats will fall harder than the Saints will but then again with both teams at 10-2 after 12 games both are still very dangerous teams.

To the point of this thread though as it stands right now I'd still take Brees over Brady.

I don’t know about Brady hitting the wall; however, the fact of the matter is that Matt Ryan hit the floor. Hard.
This is the only correct answer in this thread. It's so right it's worth highlighting and repeating.

"I don’t know about Brady hitting the wall; however, the fact of the matter is that Matt Ryan hit the floor. Hard" (Paul, 2019).

Brady has hit the wall just like Peyton Manning did mid way through his last season. You can see he knows it and that’s why he is showing his emotions.

I dont think it's as much on him as it is the offense as a whole.

Grant it, there is no denying the inevitable decline. Obviously there is some. Let's not act like he is not more then capable of dicing a defense up. If he was the qb of the Cheifs, or any other team with weapons, I promise you, you wouldn't be having this conversation

This is the only correct answer in this thread. It's so right it's worth highlighting and repeating.

"I don’t know about Brady hitting the wall; however, the fact of the matter is that Matt Ryan hit the floor. Hard" (Paul, 2019).

One play in one game and an UDFA rookie will be remembered in Saints lore forever!!…….........….how fitting is that??

Brady struggled to complete 50% of his passes against a Houston defense that is 25th against the pass and didn't have JJ Watt. He "performed" in garbage time when Houston played a very soft zone. Brady has five games this season where he has completed less than 60% of his passes, and two games with less than 50%.

Drew Brees has zero games this season completing less than 60% of his passes, and has six games where he completed more than 70% of his passes. Were it not for five dropped passes against the falcons, he'd still be on pace to break his own completion percentage record. Brees is every bit as accurate as he's ever been, and has thrown some absolute dimes deep down the field that his receivers dropped.

Brees missed five games this season and the TD record is still a competitive race between him and Brady. Let that sink in. Brady had five games to really pull away and instead, they were tied in total TDs going into tonight's game. Brady now has a three touchdown lead.

If Brees hadn't missed five games, he'd already have broken the record.

Brady's absolutely hit a wall. He's struggling to run an offense focused on short, quick, high completion percentage throws. After 12 games, you can't say it is an overreaction, Brady is what he is. An average at best QB who is rapidly declining.

Brady has hit the wall just like Peyton Manning did mid way through his last season. You can see he knows it and that’s why he is showing his emotions.

Not even close. Manning was a hot mess in his last season (neck issues, lack of sensation in his fingers, throwing ducks). Brady has no help around him and only one decent receiver to throw to (Edelman).

Well to be fair, Brady doesn't have very many weapons right now, without Gronk, and Rex Burkhead seems to be limited. I did see him run up field for a first down during yesterday's game. Something I'm not sure Drew would do. Having said that, I still think Drew has more left in the tank than Brady. Drew kind of has the same issue in the receiver dept..Only one true speedster to get separation and no really dominant TE to go to. Jared Cook and Josh Hill are serviceable. I just would like to see more production from them. I really love the Taysom Hill wild card factor we have, I bet Brady and Belichick wish they had one of those...lol. Pat's O-Line was hot garbage last night where our O-line seems to be able to do just enough to keep Drew clean and upright, considering we lost Peat and Armstead. The battle of attrition will be the deciding factor on how teams fair in the later part of the season. Last man standing gets the prize!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom