Brady now within 1 TD of the record (1 Viewer)

AFC East leads NFL since 2000 in number of times at least 2 teams have had 10+ wins in the same season. So if those teams are 0-2 against the Patriots that means they are 10-4 against the rest of the NFL. Although the Patriots have only swept their division twice in those years

So your position is that the AFC East has been a good division over the past few decades?

I've seen people try to prop up the AFC East before but there's really no need for that. Brady and the Patriots would've done well in any division or conference. But let's not act like the Patriots had it rough facing the Bills, Dolphins, and Jets twice a year. Sure those teams have the odd good season from time to time but there has been no viable, sustained threat to the Patriots since before Brady was on the roster.

The Patriots never had to worry about facing good/great QBs in their division and that's kind of a big deal. They had the goat while the rest of the division floundered with a list of bad QBs a mile long.

Bahahahaha that crap is just that crap. Anyone who says that division was “competitive” 90% of the time Brady was there doesn’t watch football. That’s a patriots affiliated sight. Nice mulipation of numbers to fit an agenda. I’m not saying it’s the worst division or anything, but definitely may have been truly competitive a handful of years that Brady was there.

For example, because this was easy to find on moments notice let’s look at years 2010-2018

here’s a division comparison (record wise) between the NFC South and AFC East as well as the number to the left of the team on where they rank out of 32

AFC East

(1) NE 113-31 .785
(23) Miami 65-79 .454
(25) NYJ 61-83 .424
(26) Buffalo 61-83 .424

NFC South

(5) Saints 87-57 .604
(9) Falcons 82-62 .569
(14) Panthers 73-70-1 .510
(30) Bucs 52-92 .361

Last edited:
Bahahahaha that crap is just that crap. Anyone who says that division was “competitive” 90% of the time Brady was there doesn’t watch football. That’s a patriots affiliated sight. Nice mulipation of numbers to fit an agenda. I’m not saying it’s the worst division or anything, but definitely may have been truly competitive a handful of years that Brady was there.

For example, because this was easy to find on moments notice let’s look at years 2010-2018

here’s a division comparison (record wise) between the NFC South and AFC East as well as the number to the left of the team on where they rank out of 32

AFC East

(1) NE 113-31 .785
(23) Miami 65-79 .454
(25) NYJ 61-83 .424
(26) Buffalo 61-83 .424

NFC South

(5) Saints 87-57 .604
(9) Falcons 82-62 .569
(30) Bucs 52-92 .361
As I've stated previously, I'm not claiming AFC East was the toughest division. Simply not the complete pushovers a lot of people believe. Patriots has a better record against 4 other divisions. AFC West was the toughest for them. Patriots always had a problem going to Denver.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190912-110311_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190912-110311_Chrome.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 0

AFC East

(1) NE 113-31 .785
(23) Miami 65-79 .454
(25) NYJ 61-83 .424
(26) Buffalo 61-83 .424

NFC South

(5) Saints 87-57 .604
(9) Falcons 82-62 .569
(30) Bucs 52-92 .361
Exactly! :9:
It doesn't make sense for anyone to argue that Tom Brady hasn't benefitted from being in the AFC East his whole career (through 2019). Counting from when he became the New England starting QB in 2001, his record against the teams in his division (including a few postseason games) was 92-25. That helps to do two things well... make great personal stats & make the playoffs a lot!

Exactly! :9:
It doesn't make sense for anyone to argue that Tom Brady hasn't benefitted from being in the AFC East his whole career (through 2019). Counting from when he became the New England starting QB in 2001, his record against the teams in his division (including a few postseason games) was 92-25. That helps to do two things well... make great personal stats & make the playoffs a lot!
Brady still had a better record against 4 other divisions. Still beat outside divisions at a historic rate, no one else even close.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190912-110311_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190912-110311_Chrome.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20190913-171802_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190913-171802_Chrome.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 1
Brady still had a better record against 4 other divisions. Still beat outside divisions at a historic rate, no one else even close.
I'm not saying that Brady isn't a great QB. He definitely played an important role in making the Patriots the dynasty it became in the new millennium. However, it sure must have been nice to know that every season there was very little chance you weren't going into the postseason as the division champs. There really wasn't a lot of competition for the AFC East crown each year.
This actually made those wins outside of the division a bit easier too.

Brees could have retired at any point in the last 5 years or the next 5 years, could lose the next 20 games in a row, and still would absolutely be a 1st ballot hall of famer

Easy to say, but if 6 first ballot HoFers retire in the same year, one of them isnt a first ballot HoFer ...thats HoF rules.

Brady and Brees both share that label now, so the odds are technically reduced if they retire in the same year.

Easy to say, but if 6 first ballot HoFers retire in the same year, one of them isnt a first ballot HoFer ...thats HoF rules.

Brady and Brees both share that label now, so the odds are technically reduced if they retire in the same year.

I don't see anyone who isn't in yet pushing either out and I don't see who could retire with them this year that would knock them out though.

Larry Fitzgerald? Adrian Peterson? Frank Gore? JJ Watt?

Literally 0% chance. There isn’t anyone in the league right now that could retire with Brees or Brady and push them out. It’s not even semi debatable

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom