Brady now within 1 TD of the record (1 Viewer)

dbg

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Brees is at 556 and Brady is at 555. If Brady passes Brees next week how big of a deal will the NFL make this. Also, If Brees does retire and Brady plays next year he will pass Brees on the yardage mark late into the next season.

I would like to have Brees keep playing until Brady retires and keep the records but i really don't think these records are what motivates Brees and I think he would congratulate Brady on taking the records and move on.

Brees is at 556 and Brady is at 555. If Brady passes Brees next week how big of a deal will the NFL make this. Also, If Brees does retire and Brady plays next year he will pass Brees on the yardage mark late into the next season.

I would like to have Brees keep playing until Brady retires and keep the records but i really don't think these records are what motivates Brees and I think he would congratulate Brady on taking the records and move on.

Not to mention with Goodell wanting an offense-heavy league with game scores being in the 50's...all of these records will eventually fall. Probably much faster than it took Brees to break them.

records are meant to be broken

two that db (probably) need not worry being eclipsed are 5000yd seasons and consecutive games passing td

Brady will finish with the TD record. Probably yards as well. Combine that with all of his rings and it's pretty impressive. I'm not a Brady fan but I have to respect what he's accomplished. Obviously a big part of his success was due to the fact he was playing in the hapless AFC East all those years. But you could counter that by pointing out that he's put up these incredible passing numbers playing primarily outdoors.

Brady will finish with the TD record. Probably yards as well. Combine that with all of his rings and it's pretty impressive. I'm not a Brady fan but I have to respect what he's accomplished. Obviously a big part of his success was due to the fact he was playing in the hapless AFC East all those years. But you could counter that by pointing out that he's put up these incredible passing numbers playing primarily outdoors.
Also...and I hate to say it, Brady has looked a lot better throwing the ball than Brees this season. Brady looks more like he did prior to last season. However, lets see how he's slinging it come late-November.

Also...and I hate to say it, Brady has looked a lot better throwing the ball than Brees this season. Brady looks more like he did prior to last season. However, lets see how he's slinging it come late-November.
Seeing the same thing as well, Brady is looking better at this point. It’ll be interesting to compare eat the end of the season.

Seeing the same thing as well, Brady is looking better at this point. It’ll be interesting to compare eat the end of the season.
I guess comparing Brees and Brady as just pure passers is probably not an apt comparison. Brady always had a cannon arm while Brees threw a more accurate, touch pass.

Brady seems to be taking a lot of deep shots and throwing fast balls on the out routes and curls. Also, Brady's height makes it a little easier for his to see the field and get the ball out on those plays where Brees still needs to shuffle up on his tip toes and locate an open receiver.

But agreed...at some point age is going to punch Brees and Brady in the gut, so it's critical that Payton allow the running game to flourish, so when that happens - we have something to rely on. I just don't see Arians reducing Brady's pitch count and allowing the game to run through his backs. Its just not how he's made -- but then again, neither is Payton. So I guess the team with the most success down the stretch will be the teams who's coach ignores his typical pass, pass, pass tendencies.

Should be interesting.

Some games yes, not all for sure. In the Bears game from beginning to end, even before the pass rush started up he was vastly inaccurate. He has looked better at times this year though, it helps to have the much stronger arm, but until Sunday they really looked very similar

After Brady and Brees both retire, the NFL will start to make a big deal about ALL TIME records that INCLUDE the playoffs, to ensure that Tom Brady is in front. Patriots fans were doing it for years, they include playoff stats to boost Brady's numbers.

The facts are that if Brees had the Patriots defenses all of those years, he would have all of those Super Bowl rings and if Brady had the Saints defenses all of those years, he might have one ring.

I don't know what everyone is going on about. That QB up in KC will probably break it before his 15th season if he keeps on his projected path. Brees and Brady are going to be Gods of their era. I personally think that Tom is only playing to keep up with Brees. If Brees retires after this year, Brady will hang it up the next. If Brady gets it, I won't be mad because Drew set the standard for getting records and owns most of them. And if he doesn't own them, he's top 5 in all of them. Its crazy that they can both end the season with 575+ career TDs tho. We are witnessing two of the best to ever do it and we are very lucky.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom