Brady Quinn (1 Viewer)

Remember when Jamarcus Russell completely upstaged him in the Sugar Bowl ??

Yeah, that pretty much says it all

Just give me a read-option QB that can run the scout team, and if Drew goes down we can put 3 running backs in the game.

Problem with Fitzpatrick or Quinn is they won't get the snaps in practice and probably wouldn't be effective in our offense without practicing enough to get the timing down.

Also I don't think there is anything to "developing a future QB" anymore. Truth is no one sits on the bench for 4 years to be the future QB anymore. Basically if a QB is drafted to be the future, he's a backup for one year max. The only exception I see to this rule is Ryan Mallet, but I bet he is dealt before he starts for New England.

I actually agree with you. Y'all can hate all you want, but I've also liked Quinn and wanted to see him as a back up. Not saying he's our permanant solution when brees leaves, just as a clipboard holder

I'm notising a kreepy similarty among the pro Brady postes.

We need a backup that has started games and has some acuracy. If its Quinn, that's fine with me. If Drew goes down for the season, we're screwed anyway. But if its for a week or two, I'd rather have someone who used to be a starter somewhere, anywhere really, not someone who has never been on the field in the NFL. That said, I still think there are better options than Quinn right now.

To be fair, i don't dissagree. I think McCoy was victim of same argument i had for Quinn. I think McCoy would be a very good backup. I think he may have been robbed of being a starter with time to develope.

I just think that discounting Quinn for leading some of the worst teams over the last few years is rediculously unfair and close minded. Give hime time with our coaches and Brees, i think he could win us some games.

mbg

I could have sworn I'd read in the past that Quinn has discipline issues as far as focus on practice and his craft, though.

I wouldnt mind the qb coming out of La Tech if he is an UFA

I'd go with Grossman, Carr, McCown, and probably Hoyer over him. Quinn played in an offense in college that played to his physical strengths (athleticism and above-average arm strength) while covering his weaknesses (vision and accuracy). His top three wide receivers were 6'5, 6'5 and 6'3 to go along with a 6'5 tight end. Weis basically installed a chuck-and-duck offense for him that exploited the extreme size mismatches his receivers created. Once he got to the pros, that strategy was no longer available and Quinn has never looked like a viable QB.

I could have sworn I'd read in the past that Quinn has discipline issues as far as focus on practice and his craft, though.

Having seen him practice first hand up in Berea, I'll tell you that's not true unless he picked it up after he left cleveland

There are 2 things that make a good backup. Experience and potential.

Brady Quinn has started and seen everything the nfl can throw at you. Potential is also there when you consider the likelihood a guy will be given a real chance after his first nfl team gets rid of him isn't really that high

Quinn wasn't given a fair shot in Cleveland and has bounced around since...but he's very athletic and can start in an emergency

You guys are harsh. I don't think some of you realize how much a good QB coach, offensive coordinator, and team/scheme can affect a QB's career. McCoy, Quinn, and Fitzpatrick, are examples of QBs that could all have flourished in the right system, with good coaching, etc., the way Flacco has in Baltimore, and Kaepernick in SF. A QB that is lucky and go to a team that has a good defense, a good OC, and good QB coach, or a head coach that is known to develop QBs, versus going through multiple coaches, over a few years, and never having a coach to mentor you on the finer points of playing NFL QB, makes a huge difference. Believe me, if Payton can develop Chase Daniels and Tony Romo, I think he would do wonders for McCoy, Quinn, and Fitzpatrick.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom