Brady Retires (Again) (1 Viewer)

Well I'll bet the Bucs scramble to sign/acquire Jameis, because he's so good and everything.

:loopy:
Lmao if they did and beat the Saints twice this year. But I think Winston is still under contract with the Saints for another year. They’d have to release him.

Lmao if they did and beat the Saints twice this year. But I think Winston is still under contract with the Saints for another year. They’d have to release him.
The Bucs and Saints winning in 2023 is irrelevant. All they'd be doing is worsening their draft position. Winning the NFC South in 2023 is meaningless at this piont.

I'm totally aware he's under contract, thats why I said "sign/acquire". That covers them releasing him or holding him hoping against hope they get something for him.

Three decades, three hall of fame careers.

4A952FAE-D23D-4B02-92A5-4A00A9AD45A6.jpeg
Both brady and bellicheat benefited from spending all those years in the weakest division in football. That's six games EVERY YEAR that are cupcakes. STILL, they felt the need to cheat. REPEATEDLY. When they were up big, Brady was still out there, padding his stats. Legal? Absolutely. "Sportsman quality"? Uh uh.

We've seen over the last few years, just what a selfish "me first" player he is: throwing receivers under the bus, smashing tablets, cussing out refs and opposing coaches. This guy is NOT the role model his position thrusts him into.

All that aside, allow me to reiterate what I touched on earlier: the shape of the ball has changed repeatedly over the years, protective equipment has advanced many times over, lengthening the careers of core players across the league, rules have changed again and again, with the specific intent of increasing scoring, and finally, the length of the season has increased time and again (made possible by the aforementioned equipment and rule changes).

All things considered, Brady may be the most accomplished QB of his era. MAYBE. He has more rings, certainly, but TEAM wins are not exactly a reflection of his play alone. For much of his career, he was surrounded by pro bowl, and all pro players; some of the premier players of the era at their positions.

While I'd love to be a homer here and give all manner of stats proving Drew Brees as king of the era, I just can't. But that doesn't mean that Marino, Payton Manning, and Brett Favre's names shouldn't be in the discussion. Their own accomplishments, given the skill players around THEM. Helped to dictate some of the successes and failures of their teams.

The crux of the situation is that you just CAN'T compare the careers of current era players to those icons from the past: Otto Graham, Sonny Jurgenson, Johnny Unitas.

Really?! brady?! I doubt he'd have lasted two seasons if he took the hits those guys did back in the day.

Tuck rule? Whining at the refs, begging for a flag? He'd have been laughed off the field.

Both brady and bellicheat benefited from spending all those years in the weakest division in football. That's six games EVERY YEAR that are cupcakes. STILL, they felt the need to cheat. REPEATEDLY. When they were up big, Brady was still out there, padding his stats. Legal? Absolutely. "Sportsman quality"? Uh uh.

We've seen over the last few years, just what a selfish "me first" player he is: throwing receivers under the bus, smashing tablets, cussing out refs and opposing coaches. This guy is NOT the role model his position thrusts him into.

All that aside, allow me to reiterate what I touched on earlier: the shape of the ball has changed repeatedly over the years, protective equipment has advanced many times over, lengthening the careers of core players across the league, rules have changed again and again, with the specific intent of increasing scoring, and finally, the length of the season has increased time and again (made possible by the aforementioned equipment and rule changes).

All things considered, Brady may be the most accomplished QB of his era. MAYBE. He has more rings, certainly, but TEAM wins are not exactly a reflection of his play alone. For much of his career, he was surrounded by pro bowl, and all pro players; some of the premier players of the era at their positions.

While I'd love to be a homer here and give all manner of stats proving Drew Brees as king of the era, I just can't. But that doesn't mean that Marino, Payton Manning, and Brett Favre's names shouldn't be in the discussion. Their own accomplishments, given the skill players around THEM. Helped to dictate some of the successes and failures of their teams.

The crux of the situation is that you just CAN'T compare the careers of current era players to those icons from the past: Otto Graham, Sonny Jurgenson, Johnny Unitas.

Really?! brady?! I doubt he'd have lasted two seasons if he took the hits those guys did back in the day.

Tuck rule? Whining at the refs, begging for a flag? He'd have been laughed off the field.
I won’t agree or disagree but I do remember Brees passing his stats quite frequently.

The Bucs and Saints winning in 2023 is irrelevant. All they'd be doing is worsening their draft position. Winning the NFC South in 2023 is meaningless at this piont.

I'm totally aware he's under contract, thats why I said "sign/acquire". That covers them releasing him or holding him hoping against hope they get something for him.
Any team winning at any time is relevant. Come on man!!! You can’t separate you don’t tank for draft positions. It is what it is.

Tom Brady .... truly one of the QBs in the NFL.

Not the "greatest of all time" despite what the talking heads have been cramming down our throats (and what a gullible few here even perpetuate)...

The game has changed so much from year to year, from era to era, that we MIGHT say he was the best of his era, but to say "all time" is comparing apples to asteroids. (One of 'em ain't even FOOD!). But truth be told, in the long run, we might find him going the way of Lyle Alzado, and for the same reasons, but in Lyle's defense, he wasn't caught cheating as many times as tb cheater was.

Hates me some brady.
Except in Alzado's case and during the entirety of his whole career, the NFL wasnt testing its players for anabolic steroids or HGH so, its very difficult for a huge, Incredible Hulk-looking player like Alzado was to not test positive if he never had to worry about in the first place. The NFL didnt start making drug urianalysis tests mandatory until 2-3 years after Alzado's retirement in 1985, and there was a perception among many sports athletes (not just NFL players) that taking steroids make you practice and play better, not that you were necessarily cheating the game or the fans, per say. Plus, like with the CTE concussion scandal decades later, in the 1970's and early 80's, long-term side-effects of repeated steroid abuse wasnt too well known or as accepted as overwhelming evidence, as it is now. The Soviet Union, may have been the first to use and pioneer steriod use among its weightlifting and Olympic swimming teams beginning in the mid/late 1950's and then later on, there was a top-secret, Stasi-run East German coping program that started in the late 60's and lasted pretty much up until the regime's demise in 1990. East German doctors, chemists, physicians, trainers were doping up young East German boys and girls swimmers, long-distance runners, weight-lifters, shot-putters, divers and even some Olympic Gold medal ice skating champions as well as several top-notch track-and-field stars. There's an excellent PBS documentary narrated by Liev Schreiber about a decade ago that discusses the sinister, hideous yet very meticulous state-ordered and mandated doping program controlled by the Stasi, East Germany's ruthless, cruel, highly manipulative yet crikinally nnovative and feared secret police.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom