Brady's first pick - who was he throwing to? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Mike Evans. Arians said post-game that Brady misread the route. Then earlier today, Arians said it was actually Mike Evans's fault, and he took the wrong route.

Marty_Graw

Don't Rain on My Parade
Reaction score
Evans(I believe it was Evans) misran/broke off the route. Pretty sure Brady expected him to go into the "2 hole" (chuckle away) and the receiver stopped after the first wave of D.

The latter "pick 6" just looked like a result of Brady throwing the ball too late (and JJ playing it perfectly).

Scorpius the Allfather

Dream Theater fanatic!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Evans(I believe it was Evans) misran/broke off the route. Pretty sure Brady expected him to go into the "2 hole" (chuckle away) and the receiver stopped after the first wave of D.

The latter "pick 6" just looked like a result of Brady throwing the ball too late (and JJ playing it perfectly).
He threw it inside instead of outside.

Marty_Graw

Don't Rain on My Parade
Reaction score
Not sure which INT you are referring to. I mean, I guess since he was inside the Dome it/they was/were inside, but that's as much as I'll give you.

Evans blew the route on pick 1. Brady threw the ball too late on pick 2. I know way more about hockey than I know football, but I know just enough about football to see what went wrong (for the Bucs).

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score

Jackrabbit was waiting for that play, he purposely gave the receiver space so Brady would throw it and then accelerated towards the ball as soon as it left Brady's hand. Even if Brady would have put it outside, Jenkins was going to blow the play up.

The first pick was a bad route. Evans takes off from the line and Brady tosses him a long pass. Evans, never seeing the ball, curls in after passing the LBs instead of continuing the route Brady was throwing to.

SteveNBFD

Rookie
Reaction score
If Evans didn’t stop on his pattern and was 10 feet tall, he still wouldn’t have made that catch. It was over thrown terribly. AWFUL throw!

livefromDC

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
As much as I want to believe that it was just a bad throw by Brady. Threw it behind his receiver
Look at when Jenkins breaks on the ball. Brady was staring down the route. Even if it were placed perfectly, Jenkins would have gotten to it first. Because it was a bad throw, it became a pick 6. A good throw and I think it's still intercepted.

boutrous

the only way I know how
Reaction score
As much as I want to believe that it was just a bad throw by Brady. Threw it behind his receiver
In JackRabbit's post-game press conference, he said it was a Tampa play they saw on tape a lot. He and Lat were waiting for it all 1st half and it never came. They talked at halftime and reminded each other to watch out for it in the 2nd half. He knew the play as soon as it started and laid off the receiver on purpose to jump it, I believe. The bad throw caused the pick 6, but he was going to disrupt that play regardless.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)