Brady's Performance (1 Viewer)

That's because the Pats blitzed whereas the Jags played a deep zone all night to take Moss and the big play away. I mean that's a good plan since we can't run the ball, oh wait...

I'm talking about throughout the season only a few teams got to Brady... QBs suppose to have that QB clock when they drop back but Tom Brady don't need it he could sit in the pocket forever without getting touched.

I'm talking about throughout the season only a few teams got to Brady... QBs suppose to have that QB clock when they drop back but Tom Brady don't need it he could sit in the pocket forever without getting touched.

Well its the same way with Manning really, you have to pick your poison. If you blitz he's going to burn you deep, if you play a zone he'll burn you short not to mention that Brady is the best in the pocket in the league, hands down. He just easily sidesteps pressure like no other.

Manning get hit a lot more than Brady. You can't name one game this season where Manning didn't get knocked on his @$$ a couple times besides the Saints game.

The Patriots have a good--but not exceptional--offensive line. The Patriots' model for building a team is not to expend high draft picks on the offensive line. Mankins was a very late first round pick, and Light was a second. The Patriots believe correctly that they can win with overachievers in the offensive line.

In relative terms, the offensive line is one of the Patriots' weaker units, certainly behind the quarterbacks, the receivers and the defensive linemen; probably behind the linebackers; and comparable to the defensive backs.

Brady and the receivers make the Patriots' offense. They are the reason that teams are afraid to blitz and give up willingly the short pass. They are the main reason the Patriots have had the success running the football they have had. A number of offensive lines could play for New England, and the Patriots would have the same success. With an average quarterback and receivers, the Patriots would not be playing next week.

I fell asleep during the second half of last night's game. But Brady's performance--completing 93 percent of his passes--and the two incompletions were dropped passes--was simply extraordinary.

I often tell people that the big difference between college ball and the NFL is the quarterbacks. You cannot appreciate how incredibly accurate NFL quarterbacks are until sitting in the stadium you watch them play in game conditions.

However, last night's game shows that a team will not beat New England but playing soft on defense. "Nothing cheap, nothing deep" may work against most teams, but it will not work with a quarterback who is as accurate and intelligent as Brady with a decent offensive line and running game, and top receivers, To beat New England, a team will have to take changes and pressure Brady. It may not work, but giving up the short pass will not either.

yup, as much as i dislike the pats, i have to give it to Brady last night. he was supremely accurate, and infuriated me to no end that the Jags wouldn't play more aggressive. As soon as they came away with only a fg on one drive i knew it was over.... Well to be hones t after the Garrard fumble in the first half i was pretty sure they were done. But whats worse is that to me at least the Jags seemed to be intimidated on the defensive side of the football. They didn't put up much of a fight. Brady impressed me last night no doubt about it.

I think in order to beat the pats you have to have long drawn out drives that lead to td's and keep Brady off of the field, and at least one TO from the pats(which doesn't seem to happen). If the team is that lucky to get that TO they had better capitalize from it. There is no room for ANY error against this Pats team. Very impressive last night in that win over Jville.

Brady is sick but his O-Line gives him all day. That's due to their play but also because the other teams are afraid to rush him. It will be very interesting to see what SD does.

The Patriots have a good--but not exceptional--offensive line. The Patriots' model for building a team is not to expend high draft picks on the offensive line. Mankins was a very late first round pick, and Light was a second. The Patriots believe correctly that they can win with overachievers in the offensive line.

In relative terms, the offensive line is one of the Patriots' weaker units, certainly behind the quarterbacks, the receivers and the defensive linemen; probably behind the linebackers; and comparable to the defensive backs.

Brady and the receivers make the Patriots' offense. They are the reason that teams are afraid to blitz and give up willingly the short pass. They are the main reason the Patriots have had the success running the football they have had. A number of offensive lines could play for New England, and the Patriots would have the same success. With an average quarterback and receivers, the Patriots would not be playing next week.

Actually, I believe the Pats mantra was D, then OL. I've seen the Pats' OL ranked as #1 in the league. Brady was a pleasant surprise,and simply took the job from Bledsoe. They were also known for RBs. I will submit that only a Bears-like failure at QB during a ring run would've inspired the brass to make some sort of move. Brady was the force behind acquiring Moss, and beefing up the WR corps. This was only after he had some skins on the wall. We can ask why Branch and Patten are no longer in NE, and Troy Brown was never known as one of the greats.

The Patriots have a good--but not exceptional--offensive line. ~~.
i honestly don't know how you can say that... whether brady is blitzed or not, i can't count the number of times he's had 6, 7 or more seconds to throw the ball...whether or not the O line was built with 1st rounders isn't the point, imo... it's that someone is evaluating at a high level

Manning get hit a lot more than Brady. You can't name one game this season where Manning didn't get knocked on his @$$ a couple times besides the Saints game.

Manning never gets touched.

If someone wants to make the arguement that Brady isn't "that" good because his O-line give him time, then the same thing must be said about Manning.

Jaguars did what they could in taking away the homerun threat. Consequently, they couldn't stop anything underneath. They got to Brady on the first play. Unfortunately, they don't have:

shawnemerriman_59778.jpg

Jaguars did what they could in taking away the homerun threat. Consequently, they couldn't stop anything underneath. They got to Brady on the first play. Unfortunately, they don't have:

shawnemerriman_59778.jpg

Oh god no!!!! Is Merriman going to threaten to punch Brady in the mouth then not show up for the game again??!!!

>>I know who is is dummy :)

attachment.php

And I thought you English types had a command of the language you founded. :hihi:

TPS

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom