Brady's Performance (1 Viewer)

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I fell asleep during the second half of last night's game. But Brady's performance--completing 93 percent of his passes--and the two incompletions were dropped passes--was simply extraordinary.

I often tell people that the big difference between college ball and the NFL is the quarterbacks. You cannot appreciate how incredibly accurate NFL quarterbacks are until sitting in the stadium you watch them play in game conditions.

However, last night's game shows that a team will not beat New England but playing soft on defense. "Nothing cheap, nothing deep" may work against most teams, but it will not work with a quarterback who is as accurate and intelligent as Brady with a decent offensive line and running game, and top receivers, To beat New England, a team will have to take changes and pressure Brady. It may not work, but giving up the short pass will not either.

I would say their offensive line is a bit better than decent.

26/28 262 yrds 3TDs. A quietly amazing performance. No lofting it up 55 yards for Moss to come down with it......Teams can take away Moss. Maybe even Moss & Welker. They'll still have to deal with another scheme of the Pats. I'm honored to watch Brady in action, and I've seen many greats.

I would say their offensive line is a bit better than decent.
i would too... as i've said before, you can build a consistent winner with nothing more than (easier said than done) a great O line and average everywhere else... consistent playoff teams add a good Qback... consistent challengers for conference championships add good defenses... NE has a great Qback, great O line, great receivers, and a good D... imo they are better at the receiver position than the colts, though not as good on D, with everything else being about even... and the game they should play will be a toss up

It was a fun game to watch.....how about that "Statue of Liberty" fake hand off! He fooled me on that one...

I'm honored to watch Brady in action, and I've seen many greats.
Just one of the many reasons i don't hate on them. It really is an honor to watch him play at such a high level.

It was a fun game to watch.....how about that "Statue of Liberty" fake hand off! He fooled me on that one...
Yeah, he had me fooled too. Guy's amazing.

Drew picked apart the Jags D, not surprising that Brady did the same.

What's interesting is that the Pats had such a great game offensively and Jacksonville was still able to hang around. I think the Colts vs NE game is going to be tremendous.

I kept wondering if Brees could have done as well. I think the world of Brees, but Brady is unbelievable. That said, I have a feeling Brees could be just as effective as Brady if he had the same quality surroundings as Brady.

What's interesting is that the Pats had such a great game offensively and Jacksonville was still able to hang around. I think the Colts vs NE game is going to be tremendous.

Jacksonville also scored the fewest points they have in 11 weeks and gave up the most they have in 9. They outscored every team but the Pats over the second half of the season and the Pats held them to 6 second half points.

No doubt. Brees deserves the same cast as Peyton and Brady. I've seen the numbers McNabb is capable of with questionable talent at WR.

Jacksonville also scored the fewest points they have in 11 weeks and gave up the most they have in 9. They outscored every team but the Pats over the second half of the season and the Pats held them to 6 second half points.

What does all of that mean? Does it mean Jacksonville was within 1 score of New England almost the entire game and late into the 4th quarter?

Because if it does, yeah. If it means anything else though it really is off-point :shrug:

What does all of that mean? Does it mean Jacksonville was within 1 score of New England almost the entire game and late into the 4th quarter?

Because if it does, yeah. If it means anything else though it really is off-point :shrug:

Basically just a fun stat. I walked away from the game concerned with the defense then I looked at it like that and it sort of put me at ease. It will be interesting to see the Pats game plan, whether they try to take out Addai and win in a shootout or try to keep the ball in front of their secondary and make Indy grind it out. The Colts really are the only team, IMO, that can line up with the Pats and beat them if the Pats play mistake free. This is the best team they've ever had in Indy.

Brady rarely get touched so he have at least 10 seconds to find a open WR... as far as the other QBs they have 5 seconds to get rid of the ball. Brady o-line is amazing he didn't have to go through what Garrard had to go through. Put Brees, Palmer, or even Eli Manning behind the Pats o-line and you'll see the same exact results or better.

Last edited:
Brady rarely get touched so he have at least 10 seconds to find a open WR... as far as the other QBs they have 5 seconds to get rid of the ball. Brady o-line is amazing he didn't have to go through what Garrard had to go through.

That's because the Pats blitzed whereas the Jags played a deep zone all night to take Moss and the big play away. I mean that's a good plan since we can't run the ball, oh wait...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom