Brady's stats against teams with records 500. or better (1 Viewer)

Next you'll be trying to say he feasts on weak teams.

To be honest though, his performances in playoff games through most of his career outranks this kind of stat, for me. The guy was almost universally clutch when it mattered most.

However, I think that's fallen off the cliff in the past 18 months, mostly thanks to Father Time. But we shall see if that's true or just my wishful thinking.

To be honest though, his performances in playoff games through most of his career outranks this kind of stat, for me. The guy was almost universally clutch when it mattered most.

However, I think that's fallen off the cliff in the past 18 months, mostly thanks to Father Time. But we shall see if that's true or just my wishful thinking.

As much as I dislike Brady and the Patriots, you are right in that we can' t take away his playoff resume.

However I just have to wonder what the Patriots dynasty might look like if they were actually IN a competitive division. They were essentially guaranteed 6 free wins every season.

As much as I dislike Brady and the Patriots, you are right in that we can' t take away his playoff resume.

However I just have to wonder what the Patriots dynasty might look like if they were actually IN a competitive division. They were essentially guaranteed 6 free wins every season.
Yeah I hear that, but once you reach the playoffs, it shouldn't matter how you got there.

However, I think I also saw a breakdown of how far the Pats got depending on whether they achieve a first round bye or not, so maybe it did make a difference.

Nah, all good quarterbacks beat up on the bad teams no matter their decline. I don't ever count that guy out until clock is all zeros and the ref has officially ended game. dude is like Jason Voorhees and Freddy Krueger all rolled into one.

Which in turn led to a lot of home field advantage

Yeah I hear that, but once you reach the playoffs, it shouldn't matter how you got there.

However, I think I also saw a breakdown of how far the Pats got depending on whether they achieve a first round bye or not, so maybe it did make a difference.

It matters a lot in the form of injuries.
The Pats haven't just played in the a bad division, they've played in a division with some of the worst teams in the history of the NFL for over 10 years.

They haven't had to try at all and their team has been fairly injury free during that time.
Even outside their division, who has legitimately been good? The Colts for a few years and now the Chiefs? Every now and then the Steelers?

Come playoff time, when you're one of the healthiest teams in the league year in and year out, it greatly increases your chance of being successful.

That and Belichick is the greatest coach of all time when it comes to making adjustments and making your best player disappear.

Look at us for a comparison. We've been 13-3 twice and haven't been the number 1 seed in both of those years. When does that ever even happen?!

Let’s not forget all of the cheating that team has done. AND they have never stopped. They have an incredible system for it. Sure, some may say that they have been caught multiple times, but the punishment was never strong enough to make them stop completely

I think you're stretching the 'they've had it easy' narrative a bit, there. They still had to beat the teams in their division, outside their division and in the playoffs.

Brady having senior moments.

Let’s not forget all of the cheating that team has done. AND they have never stopped. They have an incredible system for it. Sure, some may say that they have been caught multiple times, but the punishment was never strong enough to make them stop completely

Yeah and they got busted again for it last season and nobody in the NFL seemed to even care. I just....I can't even get started on all my issues with that franchise lol.

There's something to that but I'm not sure that's completely the reason. IIRC the overall records of the other three teams, if you take out the Pats games, wasn't all that bad overall.

However, enjoy this. Career playoff passer rating:

Drew Brees -- 99.6
Tom Brady -- 89.8
Peyton Manning -- 87.4

Brees's career playoff rating, obviously against much better than average teams, is higher than his career regular season rating.

Yeah and they got busted again for it last season and nobody in the NFL seemed to even care. I just....I can't even get started on all my issues with that franchise lol.
Robert Kraft has Goodell in his pocket. It’s been that way for almost 2 decades now. I think the main thing is that they will continue to do it bc (in their minds) it gives them a bigger competitive edge, a better chance to win a title, and that title will never be erased from the record books, or contain an asterisk next to it. It’s not college sports. Professional major sports don’t do that.

There's something to that but I'm not sure that's completely the reason. IIRC the overall records of the other three teams, if you take out the Pats games, wasn't all that bad overall.

However, enjoy this. Career playoff passer rating:

Drew Brees -- 99.6
Tom Brady -- 89.8
Peyton Manning -- 87.4

Brees's career playoff rating, obviously against much better than average teams, is higher than his career regular season rating.

This is the stat that I always fall back to. Brees has a better rating against better teams. He is one of the very few QB's who has a higher rating in the playoffs than his regular season rating. Not his fault that he has been saddled by some of the worst defenses in NFL history. Take the Patriots Defense and Saints Defense and trade them out the last 15 years. The GOAT would be very obvious them and he is not named Karen Brady.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom