Brandin Cooks > Antonio Brown (2 Viewers)

Best thing that could happen is if Michael Thomas eventually got even better than Cooks.

His game is already so advanced.

But with Cooks, it's easy to forget that he's YOUNGER than Michael Thomas. I'd love to see him and Marquese Goodwin have a footrace. Sure, Goodwin probably wins, but by how much?

Antonio Brown is head and shoulders, the best WR in the league. It's not even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think theres a 6'3 215 pound fella from Atlanta who would strongly disagree.

When Julio is on the field he is the best receiver in tge game with average play calling and offensive play.

Julio can beat any corner back in the league deepx intermediate and short. Browns the better route runner, Julio more explosive.
Game on the line one play 25 yards from the endzone you have Sherman or Peterson in coverage who are you throwing too with 2 seconds to throw the ball before pressure gets to you.

OP may have a case. He isn't better than Antonio Brown atm but the trajectory is there.

Antonio Brown 1st 2 seasons (25gms):
85 rec, 1275 yds, 2 TD

Brandin Cooks 1st 2 seasons (26gms):

137 rec, 1688 yds, 12 TD

He's also currently on pace to obliterate AB's 3rd year (note: AB missed 3 games). I think it's not too far fetched to believe that Cooks could end up being the better receiver. Cooks also entered the league a year and a half younger than AB did so he really is further along than AB was at this point.

I will say, Cooks has proven to be a hard worker and IMO is still developing as a player. I think he will eventually be one of the most respected receivers in the league, but as someone mentioned, he is still in his age-23 season, and he's already so destructive to opposing defenses. It took Antonio Brown until his age-25 season to break out, so the sky is the limit for Brandin.

I remember a few years ago we lamented the lack of big plays we were able to pull off. Well, last year we were tied for the league lead in 20+ yard passing plays, and Cooks was a huge part of that.

The only "bold" prediction I can make at this point about this team is that by the end of the season, there will be a strong argument that Cooks, Thomas and Snead are the best trio of wide receivers the Saints have ever had.

I bet 3 of my friends that Cooks would have more receiving yards than Brown this year. If the first game is an indicator they may end in a tie! Maybe Brees ends up with 5,478 yards, one upping Manning and our guy Cooks ends up with a third of them. Either way this kid is going to so much fun to watch for decades to come

I think theres a 6'3 215 pound fella from Atlanta who would strongly disagree.

When Julio is on the field he is the best receiver in tge game with average play calling and offensive play.

Julio can beat any corner back in the league deepx intermediate and short. Browns the better route runner, Julio more explosive.
Game on the line one play 25 yards from the endzone you have Sherman or Peterson in coverage who are you throwing too with 2 seconds to throw the ball before pressure gets to you.

I'm throwing to Antonio Brown 10 outta 10 times with the game on the line. Antonio doesn't drop the ball near as much as Julio but Julio is elite.

He's looked less mechanical running routes lately but it's a little too early for that. Take away the 98 yarder and he only had 5 catches for 45 yards.

Keep in mind this is just opinion and in no way a fact and in no way meant to be negative to the OP or Brandin. Hopefully no one takes it as me being overly critical or narcissistic.

Just opinion. Hands up...I come in peace
Take away Crabtree 2 point conversion and Saints win..

Silly rabbit.

I'm throwing to Antonio Brown 10 outta 10 times with the game on the line. Antonio doesn't drop the ball near as much as Julio but Julio is elite.

On top of that, Antonio Brown is durable. Julio Jones.... not so much. Still though, Antonio Brown is #1, while Julio Jones and OBJ are 2a/2b.

Cooks is good, but AB is ridiculously good
Agree. AB has done it a couple of years now. Cooks looks great and is coming into his own. Not ready to say he's as good or better than AB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom